Compression stockings - easy on tip

12 years 6 months ago #39668 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
You guys get a free pass to whine all you want, after all that you have been through. I hate tight stuff so I know I would have a hard time if I had to wear those stockings ! Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39609 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
Melodie,
My hematologist actually wrote a prescription for my compression stocking and was filled by a company that does nothing else. They measured my leg and showed me exactly how high up it should go and to make sure there were no wrinkles in it. They come also in toeless which i picked as i like to wear sandals and its a neutral color but i can put another sock over it. In the kit were some non-latex gloves and they gave me a paper footie which the stocking slides right over and then you pull the paper footie out. You don't roll the stocking at all..just pull straight up and work the wrinkles out. I find them more difficult to take off!! And after i have the dumb thing on for about 3 hours i feel like one foot is heavier than the other and actually seems like a hazard waiting to happen. I usually take it off then as it drives me crazy. I wonder if i wore them on both feet if that sensation would go away?
Its been worse now that i'm not on a blood thinner. Got my PT/CT scan thursday and i really don't even want to know whats on it. My appt. with oncologist is next Fri and i'm sick of being sick...i'm sick of doctors.......have one more day on my antibiotic and the cellulitis is not completely cleared up but is smaller and has faded quite a bit but still there. What do you suppose they did to me in that hospital? I feel like when i cath now that i have to go all over the dumb pouch to find the pockets. I'm whining aren't i? :S
pat

12 years 6 months ago #39608 by Melodie
Compression stockings - easy on tip was created by Melodie
As some of you know, I'm one of those who developed lymphadema in one of my ankles and legs a year after my RC. Anyway, to get some relief from the edema, I had to start wearing compression stockings. Gee whiz...thought that would be something I would be doing at age 80, not in my 50's. I was told to wear rubber gloves and shown how to put them on but what a pain! I leave for work at 4:15 a.m. and don't have time to fight with stockings. I almost gave up wearing them, until I found something in a mail order catelogue....Miles Kimball or one of those....items is called an "easy pull on sock aid"....it is an easy pull hosiery aid for $14.98. Works great !! I had seen similiar tools for $30. It took a few tries to figure out exactly how to use it...but afterwards I could get them on fast and easily.

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne