Compression stockings - easy on tip

12 years 5 months ago #39716 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
Pat
I feel like you and I are competing for health issues! I will let you win if we can quit this. I'm still having problems with my neck after my surgery. These health problems really suck! :dry: :(

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #39713 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
Pat... At least things are moving in a forward direction with your diagnosis ruling out cellulitis plus a clean CT scan.

And let me know if you have any luck with that fat relocation you mentioned. I could use a bit of fat transference to more suitable places! :laugh:

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 5 months ago #39712 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
Where i had to get these they made me put them on and off several times to make sure i was doing it right. But you really do feel off balance wearing only one..weird.
Well my itching is back ...and now they really don't know what it is. I think my acid and alkaline balance is off. Oncologist looked at it today and said it wasn't cellulitis. He did some blood work for me. Checking my thyroid as i've ...ta da...gained 10 lbs in 2 months. Actually i was just going for 5 so it took me by surprise when i got weighed. I thought those jeans were feeling a bit tight. If i could just switch the fat from my belly to my butt!!! Oh and my PT/Ct scan clean......she says as she waits for other shoe to drop!!!!!!! :S
xxooopat

12 years 5 months ago #39708 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
Wow, wish I had known about the stocking aid when Jim was wearing them. It was like a wrestling match getting those bad boys on. I would just this side of roll around on the floor to pull them on. Never thought about the gloves to help. Happily he doesn't need them any longer but wow!

Pat, so sorry to read of your latest bout with the cellulitis. And, you are never whining, you just have had much more than your share! Say what's on your mind, friend!

12 years 5 months ago #39702 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
Pat - I had a nurse from a medical company also measure and size my foot so she could get me the right fit...it just didn't work out quite right for me. So recently I told her that the foot part was too big and I have to pull the front toe part over and down, otherwise, the top goes too far up and beyond the fold behind my knee. She ended up sending me something that turned out to be even larger in the foot. I don't think I would like the toe-less ones but I might give them a try.

And also...I only need it for the one leg but I wear them on both legs so one leg doesn't feel so different than the other. I can wear them for up to 10 hours without being bothered by them, unless weather is too warm.

So sorry to hear you are still having to see the doctors but hopefully, your next visit will be only good news. Sometimes life sucks, doesn't it? :( We all love you. Take the best possible care of yourself that you can. Hugs,

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

12 years 5 months ago #39670 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Compression stockings - easy on tip
I wear compression socks also, but I never had a problem putting them on. I wear the toeless ones. :huh: :unsure: ;)

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne