I\'m Baffled

12 years 10 months ago #38211 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic I\'m Baffled
While at times you all can indeed be aggressive in your zeal to do the right thing, you are very adorable as well! I was just very OMG at the time I first posted here. AND TOTALLY TERRIFIED about this disease that I, who had been in the medical field for over 40 yrs, knew so very little about. I've come a long way, George, a way long way in just shy of one year. Surely not a pro but pretty knowledgable for sure!

Again, I cannot thank many of the folks here who have offered so much great information to me and Jim by proxy. It has helped so much!

George, I will have to think of a neat, alluring name to give myself! My real name is really pretty nice at that! It's Carla...though I always think of the gorgeous bombshell...Raquel Welch when I think of the name Raquel. I just can't quite cut it when compared to her even at her age today! Pretty awesome!

BTW, thanks for you awesome input over the time I have come to the forum...it is always great to read your posts as you help put it in perspective often and almost always with a good laugh included. Jim and I laugh often! Take care, George, Carla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #38202 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic I\'m Baffled
We CAN sometimes be an Overbearing bunch. Intimidating almost.

But we are a CUTE bunch nontheless. Don't you think?

Thanks for the perspective(jimswife) sometimes wecome on strong.

George
ps. jimswife has a name(even a made up name) i feel funny addressing things to jimswife..... how about something mysterious... Alowicious.. or Brigitte or Raquel. We love B) your dedication, but we love you too. :cheer:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 10 months ago #38194 by jimswife
I agree with you, Pat, never a stupid question...I was told my a physics instructor years ago that the only dumb question is the unasked question. Very true. Hope this finds you doing well! Jim is doing very well. Even his doctors are amazed at how he has come along. He goes back 7/6/11 for ckup with his oncologist and then another CT. Prayers are always appreciated and will hopefully be posting the Happy Dance from SW FLA USA!

12 years 10 months ago #38193 by jimswife
Well, Pat and all, I think many people post when THEY are ready to. I was a "lurker" for quite awhile once I did post I very swiftly was overwhelmed with very well meaning information that I was at too tender a stage in this journey to assimilate. As a result I withdrew. While I know now how very important this information is to receive it did just simply blow me away and away from this site. I didn't immediately go to another site, far from it, just stopped surfing the net to recoupe my senses. I don't need to tell any of you about how this miserable b**tard cancer BC takes over all of your life when you are diagnosed and that was what happened to Jim and me. I can't tell any of you what exactly except information I was seeking but I did feel it was as will all things in life...presentation that terrified me. I always say presentation is so important whether a fine meal or a discussion about BC. I do know so many people who post here are very knowledgable about BC and the "best" ways to get what needs to be done accomplished but I do think sometimes it is so aggressive that it may simply take people aback. When first diagnosed...folks are very nervous, scared, overwhelmed and frankly since so little is available due to the lack of info out there about BC they simply need someone to direct them, tell them what's what and offer them a shoulder to lean on. I know how important and urgent it is to get help as soon as possible, from the best facility with the very best surgeons etc but that's just how I saw it initially. I was scared away. I finally did send private message to Mike and he helped me get back on the "horse" of this forum. Hopefully almost a year out from my first postings, I can and do offer new comers information, support and defer them to others who have been at this alot longer than I have. Hopefully the above doesn't offend anyone it isn't meant to...I am just telling you how I felt at a time that I believed that my husband would be dead within months...that's what the surgeon had told us! Not a good time in our lives. As I always write now..."we are choosing to LIVE with BC and not DIE with BC". Thanks to all of you over the past year, Mike, Pat, George, MotoMike and Cynthia you have helped us out so much!

12 years 10 months ago #38189 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I\'m Baffled
When i was first diagnosed a conversation with Dr. Schoenberg led me to web/cafe as there was nothing at that time but Stats that were frightening and heck i didn't know a legitimate site from any other site..what was up to date...nada. At the time there was no forum but there were blogs and i was put in contact with several females who had an Indiana Pouch who really mentored me. One is on the board of ABLCS right now. I asked every stupid question in the book I'm sure and was treated with such kindness. I didn't revisit the site much except when I was asked to mentor someone. Then the forum started. I had done so much research for my own surgery and talked to so many uro's that i felt hey maybe i can give back and help others who were as confused as i was. Wendy made me a moderator and sent me tons of current research. After a while i figured out i was not a moderator at all....as sometimes i felt like i had to kick a little butt to get momentum going...not too good for a Moderator so i asked to be let off those duties.
I continue my research and to this day even with my background i have to go......HUH...ok re-read that..how to put in laymans terms. I love the category here of Articles of Interest as it at least shows that there is some progress in the field by extremely dedicated people probably not being paid enough.
My first look-up was TURB.....Transurethral (ok i know where the urethra is..you pee out of it...resection..ok they're going to cut aha the B for Bladder. Couldn't just say Going in there and taking a sample of the tumor.
Anyway...no stupid questions here.......as my very wise internist once said "There are no stupid questions"......
pat

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #38188 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic I\'m Baffled
I'm all for blabbing. If we blab on enough, we will either;

Maybe Say something amazing that saves a life

or, the more likely scererio:

Show how truly stupid I am. (But willing to admit it.)

I hope someone reading this for the first time will find us less intimidating and posts a heartfelt paragraph.

To any lurkers out there; Your identity is unknown to us. If you choose to remain anonymous; you can, and we respect that. If you want to talk to someone privatly; you can do that to.

If you choose to just watch; you can do that too

Whatever helps is fine with us.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne