hiking the at trail

13 years 3 months ago #36515 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic hiking the at trail
What a wonderful and ambitious adventure! I wish you the best of luck in all your travels.

I live very near the trail as it passes through Abingdon or Damascus, Virginia. Would love to say hello!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #36512 by Rockyiss
hiking the at trail was created by Rockyiss
Well it is offical I am going to start hiking the at trail at the start of April. I will start in Springer Georgia and work my way to Maine. I ought to find out how many of you guys live near the trail and give a shout out howdy as I walk past ! lol

I have been so busy getting ready and being sick for awhile that I totally forgot to go for my scope at john Hopkings at the end of Jan. Opps ! Charlene ( Dr. Schoenbergs nurse ) emailed me to see if I was ok. She is an angel !! They made me a new one for the 24th of feb.

I don't know how far I will make it but hope to enlighten people about bc as I hike the trail. Alot of the people that hike smoke, so I will slip in the info when I can.

I will be hauling my house on my back (backpack) with all the junk I need plus my food and water. Hopefully I will be able to keep the weight down to around thirty pounds. My better half will be dropping me off. My grandkids are'nt to thrilled about me being gone, they are pretty used to me being around, But it is something I always wanted to try.

People ask me how far I will be going and how long I will be gone and I tell them it just depends how much I miss my family !! ( Maybe 3 days , maybe 3 months) My better half said I have to walk home ! lol

If nothing else bc has taught me to not put stuff off because none of us knows the day or time the good Lord decides to call us home. So get done now whatever it is you have always wanted to do or try !! Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne