hiking the at trail

13 years 2 months ago #36559 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic hiking the at trail
The kid who just won is just barely 20. That would have been great to see live.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #36555 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic hiking the at trail
GO ROCKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would dearly love to go to Datona for a nascar race! But there is no way that will happen. All my money has went to pay medical bills. Its heart breaking for me, as I've been saving so long to go. Oh well! As the cableguy said " GET'ER DONE " and have fun!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

13 years 3 months ago #36522 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic hiking the at trail
Hi Guys, It would be so cool to get far enough up the trail to meet you guys. I set up my tent in the living room to day to check out some stuff on it. I feel like I am going to turn around and april will be here so quick.

It is nice to have my mind on something productive rather.

than all the stuff that has gone wrong for us in the last couple of years.

It is the getting it all orginized thats mindnumbing !!! lol rocky

13 years 3 months ago #36521 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic hiking the at trail
Rocky--

I live in Maine, so if you make it that far, maybe we could get together some place. I live in Bangor, so if you make it to Katahdin (end of the trail, Baxter State Park) we're not to far away; you'd go through Bangor on I-95 heading home!

I cannot imagine doing that trek, and really admire you. I do know people who have done the trail in segments over the course of several seasons, so if you don't make it to Maine this year, maybe you wil next time.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

13 years 3 months ago #36518 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic hiking the at trail
Rocky
Wow !! how great you are living your dream!!! I think people who face BC and then scuba dive, hike the trail, camp for a month, boogie board in the keys are AMAZING!!!! I am reminded to go out live my life, love more and be the best person I can be.
Happy hiking
Julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

13 years 3 months ago #36516 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic hiking the at trail
Good that you are going ahead with it. I took a retirement cross country campervan trip in 07. 8400 miles, 40 days, no schedule. I don't think I could do it now. Glad I did it and glad you are also! I'll watch for your return post. Cheers!

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne