Living Will

13 years 10 months ago #32646 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Living Will
Great news Pat - congrats!

My wife - a breast cancer survivor - started Femara after her chemo and radiation. Her oncologist switched her to Aromasin after she had a bad reaction to her first Zometa infusion. Seems to have helped as the Zometa (twice a year) hasn't been nearly as tough on her.

Good Luck!

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32616 by New Diag 7
Replied by New Diag 7 on topic Living Will
That was fantastic Diane....laughed so hard, I choked.
Cheryl

13 years 11 months ago #32607 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic Living Will
Hilarious,Diane, thought I was going to choke!!!!

LeeH

13 years 11 months ago #32598 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Living Will
Patricia,
That is great news :laugh: I I just know it is the first of many to follow!
Sorry I am so late in seeing this, we are in Vermont with children, helping to get them ready to move to FL - only three miles from us :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 11 months ago #32596 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Living Will
Last night my friend and I were sitting chatting in the lounge. I told her "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependant on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."
She got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.
She·s such a bitch.....

P.S. Pleased your results were good Pat.
Diane

13 years 11 months ago #32481 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Living Will
Yes Sara anne..i'm supposed to start Femara very soon..i'm putting it off.....its only been tested for 24 months but seems to be better than Tamoxifin in the studies they've done plus i had a DVT so Tamoxifin is off the board......yet there is still a chance of it but less so with Femara. I wish i didn't know so much about drugs and then i'd just take them and shut up!!
I still have some side effects from the radiation...some of that affected my lungs and i get out of breath easily..not all of the time but enough that i don't want to start something until i resolve this issue.
I know they are suggesting to breast cancer survivors at the 5 yr mark to do another 3 yrs with Femara....but after l4 yrs out i'd have to think about it.
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne