Home after 9 hours in the ER

15 years 6 days ago #26180 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Home after 9 hours in the ER
So sorry Julie......i certainly hope you're on the road to recovery now. I know what you mean about reading the side effects of the drugs...all drugs. Its a wonder anybody takes anything. I often start laughing at the promos on television which are continually selling some drug for heart disease, cholesterol, sexual dysfunction, allergies...etc..and then hearing the side effects....??? Why would that sell a drug? Got me..maybe people only remember brand recognition and forget the rest?
Cipro a good drug but its gotten a bad rep lately with some bad tendon ruptures.......The Flagyl is a great drug but be really careful not to use any alcholol...even mouthwash while using it...will make you very nautious and sick.
Feel better.......Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #26177 by Julie
Home after 9 hours in the ER was created by Julie
I didn't quite know where to put this update. I let people know on the chat last night that I was in the ER waiting for results of a CT scan. After increasing pain and loss of appetite I decided I should get checked. The results were I was having a diverticulitis attack. This time it was mild to moderate unlike previously when I had a perforated colon which required me to have my Sigmoid colon removed.

They did IV Cipro and Flagyl and sent me on my way with a week's prescription for both. Reading the side effects of the medications made them sound as bad as diverticulitis. I really don't like these medications do to my digestive system but continued diverticulitis is not what I want either.

I left the ER about 10 and dropped off the prescriptions at the pharmacy and was on my way home when I got stopped by the police. He said I had failed to come to a complete stop before turning right at a red light. I thought I had come to a complete stop but it was brief. I just told him I had spent
9 hours in the ER that I was tired and focused on getting home. He checked my Driver's license and recognized the address as being the Over 55 Mobile Home park where I live. He gave me a verbal warning and let me drive on home. I am glad he didn't walk around to the front as my left headlight was out.

I think the situation came up as a result of the morphine and oxycontin I took after the knee replacement. My digestive system has been flaky since them plus I have not had any appetite.

I drove myself to the ER and I drove myself home. I refused morphine for pain. Later I almost requested it but then the pain resolved. Perhaps the contrast fixed it. <g>

I amused people by signing into the chat using my iPhone but hospitals are intrinsically boring and I wanted something to take my mind off the sterile little room I was in.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddiek