Moving on

16 years 1 month ago #15553 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Moving on
Holly,

Maybe you just need to take a break from the forum and when you return things will have improved. You are such a treasure here to so many people.

I missed all the excitement and by the time I went in to check it out, that thread had been pulled. I'm so sorry the discussion was upsetting to you. I also don't understand why one bad apple always seems to overshawdow all the good that is within a group. I see it happen at work from time to time. But I agree with Karen...why let the dark side win...and it is the dark side of our human natures that brings forth criticism and mean spirited behavior. I would really like to see someone with some authority step in from time to time and do something to control the discussion so things don't get so out of hand. When it gets so uncharitable it makes it difficult for me to recommend the forum to others. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15551 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Moving on
Holly I've have been a member here for well over a year so I have seen them all. If someone posts something negative then that lights the fuse and then more negative posts just start coming out, because negativity breeds negativity. I quit this forum once and I really didn't want to but at the time things were just getting out of control. If it were not for Wendy I wouldn't of come back and Joris was nice enough to leave my posts count the same. If you really want to quit no one can stop you but don't let a few get to you and quit and give them the upper hand. I know there are more members here that care about you and I am one. Just think of this as a dark cloud blotting out the sun for a moment and then the sun shines again. Joe

16 years 1 month ago #15550 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Moving on
Holly, I have nothing but the greatest respect for you. I mean that. I am sorry that you feel that you must leave. However, you certainly can't have been more distressed than I was on yesterday. I truly felt like resigning my post here.

The truth is, we are all human beings that make mistakes. We must all scrutinize our motives in everything that we do. We Moderators are not perfect, nor are the Administrators, nor are the Posters. I personally, am doing the best I can. I just bet that you are doing the best that you can, too.

I wish that I could change the picture of what you feel that you are seeing here, but as I cannot, just know, that I will miss you, and I will truly be thinking of you from time to time.

Take good care!!
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 1 month ago #15547 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Moving on
CALLING ANN ATHENA..........

16 years 1 month ago #15542 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Moving on
Holly,

Please don't let a few bad apples spoil the pie. You have helped so many here and there are new members everyday they will find the information, and support you give so valuable.

I appreciate you so much!

If you leave then they win. Maybe a Moderator should ban the "Bad Apples" instead of losing such an awesome warrior such as yourself.

I hope that you will reconsider, and get that fighting spirit. This site needs you...

To the other members:

Everyone needs to Lighten Up! Don't you see what is happening here? Take your anger and hatred somewhere else. We are trying to survive here!

This is ridiculous! Personal Attacks? Come on...We ARE Adults aren't we!!!

Holly, you are better then them...DO NOT LET THEM AFFECT YOU THIS WAY!!!!

With Love,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 1 month ago #15540 by mznoregrets
Moving on was created by mznoregrets
Hi everyone,

This past weekend of postings has been disturbing. Not only am I extemely distressed with how direspectfully some members are allowed to post a point blank antagonistic message, but also the stress it caused me to handle it. This forum has been helpful to me the last 15 months I have been dealing with BC, but now I am questioning what is yet to be helpful.

I would like to thank the forum members who have been there and guided me to good drs and sound treatment, for offering friendship when friends seem to evaporate, and for allowing me to give back to folks just finding the forum. It has made this scary journey less intimidating. For everything - thank you. Whatever lies ahead with my bc - I feel more equipped to face it for having been part of this forum.

Facing my cancer dx has changed the person I was profoundly. The "stuff of life" became clear while all the petty crap fell away. My "bucket" list is clear and I am on top of it! I appreciate more all the sweet things and am better able to handle the bittersweet, too. Overall, I can honestly say I am living each day deeply and savoring every morsel. Indeed, my life has become more authentic and full of gratitude for each breath.

Some things I have suspected of life have been proved here. Like the value of one person natural right should stop short of usurping anothers right. I used to think this was most prominently evident with car stereos at stoplights, but I saw it most clearly in how a person expresses their opinion. I suspected it to be true that life really is 10% circumstance and 90% how we handle it. Now I am sure. Some may believe cancer is more destructive than a toxic attitude, but I personally come to believe the corrosives contained in a person's soul to be far stronger than cancer cells at killing the spirit.

My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and Pat, Melodie and Susan know how to reach me :) I have found some wonderful friends here, and I hope many others faced with bc find that here,too. I just can't reconcile the recent postings in a way that I am OK with.
God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne