Moving on

16 years 1 month ago #15606 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Moving on
Wendy you are right and you even gave them a Caregivers Room to let folks vent. I deleted my reply because I wasn't going to get involved any further with that thread I saw where that was heading. The person who make the one reply it was uncalled for but as of late things have been running fairly smooth around this forum. I think it is pitiful when you have to deal with personal attacks on individuals especially at a cancer forum where most folks pride and dignity is at it's lowest. I think it's a friggin ashame. Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15597 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Moving on
Hi Holly,

Not sure what I missed but sad to hear you are leaving the forum. It is truly the one place that I feel a connection. And I truly thank you for your postings.

I hope you take some time and re-consider. We will be here waiting for you.

Best,
Gracie

16 years 1 month ago #15590 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Moving on
I'm sorry too Holly, but I hope you are leaving to get on with the good things in life and not in sorrow. It's perfectly normal to want to forget about cancer and things connected.

I'm also sorry that the forum isn't perfect, that people upset each other. We've tried to give folks the room to vent, yet hope things stay civil, it's hard without becoming totalitarian as some other forums do. When it's about cancer we all should tread lightly, what can be more frightening than to be faced with our mortality.

But...cancer doesn't change us, we hardly ever hear that epiphany. Well, sometimes, for sure. If only it would stay and we could hold on to those clear moments of compassion. We can only try.

Be happy. Stay in touch. Stay well.
Wendy

16 years 1 month ago #15561 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Moving on
Dear Holly,

I am sorry to hear that recent postings on the forum have upset you.

It upsets me to think that you may decide to leave the forum because of this, although I totally respect you if that is what you decide to do. I never saw the posts in question this weekend although from time to time over the last eight months that I have been a member, some posts have been upsetting to me also.

From time to time I have read posts and replies to posts and cringed at the bad attitude and sometimes malice people have written. I strongly believe that this has no place on our forum which should be where we feel safe and free to express our concerns and problems in a respectful manner.

I don’t always reply to every post because sometimes I really don’t know what to say that can help the situation. When I do reply with my own experiences that may be helpful I do so with the hope that my chosen words give support or sympathy in a caring way to the given situation.

This forum has helped me so much to deal with the problems I have encountered and you have been a fantastic support for me in so many ways. As you mentioned in your post, our forum friends have guided us and supported us and made this scary journey less intimidating.

I will be ever thankful for your caring wise words of support you have given me on posts and personal messages.

Holly whatever you decide to do I will always be eternally grateful for your unconditional caring support you have offered me and so many at the forum.

Kindest Wishes
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 month ago #15558 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Moving on
Very dear Holly,

I'll keep in touch with you. I really appreciated our phone conversation a
couple of weekends back. I happened to miss the disturbing postings over the weekend, as I had already chosen not to follow that thread -- plus I was feeling sicker than usual.

Be blessed, Holly -- Susan

16 years 1 month ago #15555 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Moving on
Hi,

I do appreciate the kind sentiments and encouragement to remain part of the forum, and I am touched that so many care. For sure I am not running away from a bully or feeling too shy to stand on my beliefs, but rather making a personal choice as to what drama I am willing to tolerate personally.
There is no desire to cause a rift or draw members to one side or another. There is nothing to be gained. Point blank - I bit poisoned bait and ultimatly hurt the forum. Distressing anyone has never been my intention - and for that Rosemary, I am truly sorry. You are a dear soul and I certainly have a great respect for all you do here. Maybe in time I will feel differently. Maybe my bc will force me to seek more help here. But I know for sure that I do not want to see again what I saw the past few days.
God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne