Neo Bladder and Catherizing

13 years 10 months ago #32406 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic Neo Bladder and Catherizing
I think its been a little over a year. When I first had the problem, he tried placing a cathetor in for a couple of days to stretch. That worked for a little while but it closed up again so he decided to go with the laser method to remove the scar tissue, being careful to not go too far. It is done in his office and you need a cath for 2-3 days following the procedure. I had asked for some sterile water to clear mucus and the nurse said I shouldn't need it. Unfortunately I blocked up with mucus. However I had a fresh bottle of sterile water (I use it my water cooled computer) and since it was at night I couldn't get a syringe so had to improvise with a turkey baster until my wife could pick up one at the med supply store the next day. Also got a new turkey baster :)

That has been quite successful although he has noted that my flow is a little slow. Each time I walk in the office they do a flow test and ultrasound to determine whether I am completely emptying. They noted that while slow I am completely empty and am giving them a volume of abt 400 (I drink a couple of bottles of water in the morning before I go to his office).

Although a little slow, he said he would not want to do anything since I am completely empty. My last vist was a month ago and I am scheduled again for Nov

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32399 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Neo Bladder and Catherizing
Lee, How long has it been since the laser work? I have required two cysto-balloons in the first year. I am 5 months since my last one, and still going OK. If I close off again, I will mention the laser method to my doctor. Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

13 years 10 months ago #32394 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic Neo Bladder and Catherizing
I did too. Jim. My Uro burned it away with a laser and it hasn't returned. I got watch it on the monitor too! That alone was worth the price of admission. Just took about 15 minutes.

Lee

13 years 10 months ago #32392 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Neo Bladder and Catherizing
Cathing has become a way of life for me as well. Will I glad when the days comes that I don't have to cath anymore? YES!!!!!!

I have a scar tissue issue at the urethra to Neo connection.
I cath to encourage the uretrha to stay open.

Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

13 years 10 months ago #32391 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neo Bladder and Catherizing
Hi,

You complain?????

Why just every other day, if I may ask???

I work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, and on the week-ends running errands. I do go to the pool every night for 20 minutes and walk and swim in the pool. (Giving you reasons why I am not on this site often).

Hope to hear from you.
Silk

13 years 10 months ago #32390 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neo Bladder and Catherizing
Hi Betsy,

I am doing great, cath. is not so bad, it is like everything else, you get use to it and it becomes a part of your daily routine.

I remember this site many years ago when I started with the bladder cancer and how very helpfull this site was to me.

I wish I could encourage others that are going through this and how very important attitude is.

Thank you for answering me.

Silk

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne