I hate to complain but.....

14 years 6 months ago #28017 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I hate to complain but.....
hmmmmmm......i can think of 2 other areas that are related to estrogen or progesteren. Does she think there would be no absorbtion of the estrogen cream?
My gyn uses the pediatric scope on me...i think thats even smaller than for the nuns!! And are there any 16 yr old virgins left?:S
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #28016 by Gracie
I hate to complain but..... was created by Gracie
I know this is all about bladders but for us gals who have had the surgery - we've also had a hysterectomy. In some circles, that in itself, is considered pretty major surgery.

I went through menopause before the surgery so I was not braced for what happens when one is not pumping out hormones at all! One word says it all - DRYNESS!!:ohmy:

Went to see my GYN and after getting me 'comfortable' told me that I was so dry and irritated that she would use the speculum that she reserves for her '16 year old virgins and nuns'. Very funny - I was not amused. (it still hurt!)

So now she wants me to apply either Premarin cream or a cortisone cream. I'm not thrilled with either. Judging by the list of precautions on both - the cortisone may be the better option. She did make a good point in that the cancer/hormone relationship are with organs that I don't have any more. Funny how that is strangely comforting to me.

Any ideas??

Gracie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne