Is there intercourse after an Indy????

14 years 9 months ago #26739 by DoninRichmond
Replied by DoninRichmond on topic Is there intercourse after an Indy????
:( Melodie, Bruce has a picture of you, with his wife, on his desk at work. After I found I had BC, I started paying more attention to your picture, after Bruce said you also had BC.

You are such an "Attractive-Lady" that it brings tears to my eye's just thinking of you going thru this ordeal. As oft as the Lord brings you to mind, I'll pray that he will heal you and meet this real need.

May the Lord Bless and give you and your's "that Peace that passes all understanding".

Bill

Bill Jr
Tumor removed 5/4/09
\"T1 high-grade\"
Started \"BCG\" 5/21/09
Have a 2-yr treatment schedule

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26738 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Is there intercourse after an Indy????
From the cleveland clinic.......oh sure..now they think of it!!
Sexual dysfunction is a prevalent problem after female RC. The nature of the dysfunction involves multiple domains, including decreased orgasm, decreased lubrication, lack of sexual desire, and dyspareunia. Our early results suggest that the type of continent diversion does not affect sexual function. Surgical modifications such as urethral and vaginal sparing, neurovascular preservation, and tubular vaginal reconstruction sparing may improve female sexual function after RC.

www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6VJW-4CJC3KM-18&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=

DOH:S
Pat

14 years 9 months ago #26735 by Melodie
Has anyone out there had any good intercourse following an Indy? I am high and dry...very dry after being menapausal and going through chemo and an RC...it's worse than being a virgin for the first time. I find it to be very painful...an 8 on a scale of 10, and who wants a sex partner who grimaces in pain when you try to go the distance.

I have tried lots and lots of lube and should I say, (an extender) to stretch things out a bit but am wondering how long it takes to get to a comfort level...or does it ever happen? Am I wasting my time? I haven't had intercourse now for almost two years and my nurse friends tells me, "if you don't use it, you lose it". Maybe I have let too much time go by :S

Yes, of course I know there are lots of other ways to please my partner but he really wants to enjoy again that aspect of love making (he's Italian) and I would like to make that happen. But I'm scared. If someone has some good ideas for me but wants to keep it private, please send me a PM. Thanks much. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne