Change in shape of bladder ?

15 years 1 week ago #25446 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
I don't think that my situation was the same but I feel that I should mention it. Prior to my RC, I had a cysto that was perfectly fine. The bladder looked great - no tumors. The pathology came back clear as did the FISH. The following cysto - again no tumors. However there was a small 'bulge' inside the bladder. The doctor had not seen that before. He felt around - I would think looking for anything that might be pushing on the bladder. I then was scheduled for a TURB. Result was that the cancer had changed up on me and gone under the lining of the bladder. Thats when I scheduled the RC.

An important note here is that both the pathology AND the FISH came back negative. No cancer found. That was because it had gone under the lining of the bladder.

The bulge that the doctor saw in my bladder resembled when someone takes their tongue and presses against the cheek. It was quite small and I am so glad that the doctor noticed it and pursued it more diligently. Later I mentioned this to another doctor (Dr. Lamm) who I had consulted with and he said that this doctor had just saved my life.

I do not think your situation is the same since the actual shape of your bladder is effected. I just feel I need to mention it. Things are not always what they seem.

What about an MRI or CT? Regardless -- if you feel it needs further attention then by all means follow up. Insist on further tests or whatever that will explain what is going on.

Gracie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #25441 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
Hi Pat, Thanks for the response. I can·t open the link on diverticula, but am pretty sure my uro would have said if he saw anything unusual about the bladder. I was more concerned that that there might be something growing outside of the bladder and pushing inwards. I don·t have any symptoms, its just that all except last 2 cystos, the bladder has seemed to have a pretty regular shape. I think I will make appointment to see gyno to put my mind at rest, but just wondered if anyone else had noticed the same sort of thing.
Diane

15 years 1 week ago #25415 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
Diane.......not sure but could it be bladder diverticula?
www.associatedcontent.com/article/84811/understanding_bladder_diverticula.html?cat=70

I know with the female organs there are different things that cause bulging....... The neck of the bladder can drop inward towards the vaginal wall - that's called a cystocele. The rectum can bulge into the vaginal wall, that's called a rectocele. The small intestine can bulge downward behind, in front of or dip into the top of the vaginal cuff, that's an enterocele. The vaginal vault can prolapse down (an example would be like an inverted tube sock). All of these 'hernias' or defects are a result of weakened support tissue in the vagina and ligament structure .
Maybe a second opinion on this?
Pat

15 years 1 week ago #25408 by Flamenco.
Change in shape of bladder ? was created by Flamenco.
Hi Ladies,
Well I went for my cysto last week, and everthing looked good. But on my previous scope there was a "bulge" inwards in the bladder wall, which my uro said was probably part of intestine pressing against bladder ??
This time the "bulge" seemed more prominent, and he said it was the uterus pressing against bladder. Anyone else out there had similar experience?. Do I need to see gyno, or is this normal. Would appreciate comments from anyone who has seen same thing on the cysto screen, and their doctor·s comments.
Thanks, Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne