Change in shape of bladder ?

14 years 10 months ago #25939 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
Thanks for all your replies. Finally got an appointment with my gyno, and he confirmed what you said FAYH, they were fibroid tumours, and there was nothing sinister going on, Phew! I can·t say how releived I felt.
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #25683 by FAYH
Replied by FAYH on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
When I went for my first cystoscopy with my current urologist, he asked me during the cysto whether I had fibroid tumors. I said yes, two of them. He said he could see them pressing against the bladder. I have never had any symptoms from this.

14 years 11 months ago #25466 by Flamenco.
Thanks Gracie and Pat for your prompt replies,
I will speak with my Uro Friday, as this is niggling at me a bit. Can·t understand why if a ·bulge· is normal, it wasn·t there on all the previous cystos. Am also booking a gyno appt. with eco in the hope that if there is anything more sinister than just my innards lounging about where they feel like it, it will show up.Will post when I have more info, but again thank you.

Diane

14 years 11 months ago #25461 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
Diane.....currently no imaging test will show up CIS.
emedicine.medscape.com/article/444061-diagnosis
There are certain biomarkers for CIS but you really need a first rate lab to analyze this.
Pat

14 years 11 months ago #25457 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Change in shape of bladder ?
Diane,

I had several tumors originally. I believe it was in the general area of where the doctor did all the work in the beginning.

I wish I could be more help.

Gracie

14 years 11 months ago #25455 by Flamenco.
Gracie, Thanks for your reply, I am still worrying that there is something going on that I need to have investigated further. Do you or anyone else know if an ecograph (ecogram?) would show up any abnormality. My original tumour was first diagnosed by this method. I am paying all my hospital bills out of my own pocket at the moment, and whilst I know my health is more important than cost, in the current economical situation, I need to keep these costs down if I possibly can. Maybe I should go back and speak with my uro again, I was a bit dopey when I went for the cysto as I take diezepan before. Can I ask you Gracie, was the bulge you had in the same zone as as the original tumour site ?
Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne