Proposed solution for Neo incontinence

15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #25100 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Proposed solution for Neo incontinence
Have been looking all day for an instance when a women with a Neo has had this operation. Can't find it. Anybody heard of or know someone who has? I do not mind being the pioneer, but would feel more comfortable knowing someone else has tried this solution. :laugh:

Webs

P.S. Just found this www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15201778. That gives me pause.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 weeks ago #25099 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Proposed solution for Neo incontinence
Sounds like a sensible solution to me! Hope it can go ahead soon.

Anne
( From my hotel room using my I Phone)

15 years 2 weeks ago #25096 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Proposed solution for Neo incontinence
Sounds like a good plan to me. I am pleased with my bladder lift and I would think it would be of benefit to you. I hope they agree that you could have one. Mine was done by my gynecologist who is much more familiar with the female bits than most urologists.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 2 weeks ago #25091 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Proposed solution for Neo incontinence
Sounds like a plan to me...
www.urotoday.com/53/browse_categories/urologic_trauma_and_reconstruction/1345/15/105/
you know the drill...just register to get free access
Suck it up huh? Can't write my reply to that one...use your imagination!
Pat

15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #25089 by Webs
Well I think by now most of you know that I am one of those women that is incontinent with the Neo-bladder. I try to limit myself to 64oz of liquid a day, try not to drink much after 6:00pm etc... Puts a crimp in cocktail time.:silly: I am the Queen of Kegals quite frankly I find myself doing them even when I am not thinking about it,:woohoo: None of it has helped! In fact my incontinence is getting worse.:angry:

I saw Doc V. today. He has talked with the surgeon who created my Neo, who basically said that I should continue what I am doing and suck it up. My words not his just his intention. Bless Doc V he does not think this is acceptable.

He believes that they should be able to do a sling like they do for women who still have their bladder and are incontinent. He will check with his associate who does 5 of these a week. He will also check with Doctor Roze? at UCLA who is doing a spiral sling. Either way they will have to do a pressure test on my bladder. If the pressure threshold is below 60 he thinks the spiral sling would be my best bet.

The regular sling is a piece of mesh that goes under the urethra and is tightened to lift the urethra up. The spiral is a piece of mesh that is looped around the urethra. I need to look into both of them more. Doc V has promised to get back to me no later than Monday, but will try to get back to me tomorrow.

Needless to say I am really hoping this is the solution, but am trying not to get my hopes up to high.

Webs

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne