Anita and Doug, I know that is not what you wanted to hear. But I am glad that you are considering getting an opinion at Vanderbilt.....Anita, you have been around long enough to know our "Forum Motto"...GET A SECOND OPINION...especially when things start going haywire!!
Will be keeping the best of thoughts for you!
Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
That is what Doug has. It is the same cancer that was in the bladder, still in the urinary tract -- only in 2 - 4% of bladder cancer patients does the cancer move to the kidney. The plan is for Doug to have Gemzar installed in his bladder 6 Fridays in a row (skipping Thanksgiving week), then wait 4 weeks and repeat the exploratory surgery and see if it is working in the kidney. Doug wanted a chance to try to save the kidney. I am also trying to get him scheduled for an appointment at Vanderbilt, just to confirm he is headed in a good direction. Glad we have a plan.