Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's

13 years 7 months ago #8574 by Rosemary
Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's was created by Rosemary
I just wanted to remind those in the US who may have a cancer policy in place, to check and see if your policy will pay you money for your BCG treatments.

I had forgotten about my AFLAC Cancer policy when I was diagnosed, being on payroll deduction and all, and thankfully my co worker lovingly reminded me that I had SIGNED UP!

What a blessing that became over time, though I would not have remembered if I had not been reminded.

I was paid $200.00 cash for each BCG treatment that I received.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #8581 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's
Rosemery I have never heard of this before. I cant figure how to post do A post can you help me out. Don

Hanging in there!

13 years 7 months ago #8582 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's
Rosemary, Your post reminded me that I also collected on a hospital policy from Physicians Mutual for my out patient BCG treatments. I thought I only receive cash payments while a patient checked into a hospital overnight but read the policy and learned my out patient at the hospital medical center also paid. I was sent a check for $1800. If anyone has a policy that pays cash direct for days in hospital check it out and see if yours also pays for those "hospital" outpatient visits. Rosie

13 years 7 months ago #8584 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's
Hey Don,

I sent you a PM. Is that what you are trying to do? Let me know if that is what you needed. I'm a little confused.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

13 years 7 months ago #8586 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's
Rosie,

My policy paid me cash up front just for getting cancer, then I got $600.00 for each biopsy, and I think I got $75.00 for each anesthesia, then, I got paid for the motel and mileage for traveling to see the second opinion doctor.

BCG's are considered chemotherapy, so all in all, I got $2400 just for BCG's.

I work for local government where we have about 600 employees, and out of all of them only about 3 people have had Cancer (me being one of them). After my diagnosis, I talked so good about my Cancer policy, that the sales agent had a most profitable year! She was so happy with me, that she presented me with a gift of appreciation.

I was 6 years at that place of employment before I let the sales agent talk me into the policy. It was just in time!!

It is such terrible strain on some of us to have to worry about cancer and money too, so this was a great blessing in a time of need.

Just my two cents.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

13 years 7 months ago #8612 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Cancer Insurance Policies and BCG's
Yes, Rosemary, it is a good policy. We have had it for a couple of years, and just this spring I was thinking that it wasn't something we needed, that essentially we were betting that one of us would get insurance, and the company was betting that we wouldn't....that's the way it works.

Anyway, in June he was diagnosed with cancer, and they sent us a check. I couldn't believe it. I woke my husband up to tell him.

And now, maybe we'll get some for the post-surgical chemo.

Now, if the disability insurance people would be so easy to deal with. I can't believe the paperwork. It's as if they want to make it too difficult to apply for the claim.

I finally got two policies filled out, and will take them to the doc's office for their part, when we go to discuss the chemo on Tuesday.

I can't believe we were so lucky (can't call it smart, really).

Anyway, the AFLAC policy was a good one. As was our Wellmark.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne