Re-Occuring BC

16 years 10 months ago #5945 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Re-Occuring BC
Mystic,

Were the 4 surgeries for bladder cancer in the past year recurrences in the same place or were the tumors in various areas of the bladder? Were the bladder cancer surgeries a TURB - transuretheral resection of bladder under anesthetics and then the biopsy sent to pathology or were they a burning off of "spots" and no pathology? It does make a difference if the tumor is recurring quickly in the same place or if there are "spots" in other parts of the bladder. What type and grade of bladder cancer do you have? I can advise you best once you can answer those questions. If you have low grade like TA (papillary) Grade 1 or 2 - TCC and no CIS - carcinoma in situ - BCG will not be effective according to statistics and my personal 7 years experience (and 4 recurrences). If, however, you match the stats for BCG treatments, I can say, I had very little side affects when I had my ill advised 21 BCG treatments 5 years ago.
Rosie Ambs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5939 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Re-Occuring BC
Linda,

Please let us know what you find out. Lots of us here have been through this. I hope it goes well for you today.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #5929 by Rosemary
PS

Are you worried about the BCG's? Some people have little to no side effects. In fact, I think most have little or no side effects. You should be fine.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #5928 by Rosemary
Linda,

You are doing some very good things for yourself. Please let us know your Stage and Grade so that we can discuss the diagnosis and treatment appropriately.

I am glad that you are here, but, sorry under the circumstances.

I am T1 G3 and was diagnosed January 2006. I have had 2 TURB's, 2 mitomycin, 12 BCG's and no recurrance.

Sorry I missed your post,
Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #5922 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Re-Occuring BC
Hi Mystic.....exactly how low grade...stage?
Read Rosies comments on noninvasive papillary carcinoma on Newly Diagnosed.
And there are tons of posts on BCG here....everyone reacts differently...some breeze thru...others have a real intolerance to it. Pat

16 years 10 months ago #5915 by Mystic
Re-Occuring BC was created by Mystic
I have had 4 bladder cancer surgeries in the last year. They are low grade but the surgeon wants to do BCG since it is re-occuring. I have read about the side effects, any advise please!!!

Linda

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne