Biopsies Tomorrow

5 months 6 days ago #61983 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic Biopsies Tomorrow
Forgot - MD said BCG still viable for maintenance only.  If there is recurrence he will refer me to Dr. Lee - running newer clinical trials - or talk alternatives.  

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 6 days ago #61982 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic Biopsies Tomorrow
Last night and this morning I had clots and blood passing.  I have seen small clots before but never like this.  Contacted Moffitt and shared pics (I know eww).  They said it's normal for up to 2 weeks and go to ER if I can't urinate or if bright red blood doesn't stop.  

It did though I continued to have on and off clots and darker blood throughout the day.   Seems to have resolved now.

Since we missed MD call after TURBT last week I was able to confirm there were no lesions visually.  Two areas biopsied and results due next week.  

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #61963 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Biopsies Tomorrow
Hope you can put this all behind ya!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #61962 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Biopsies Tomorrow
I'm with you that waiting for the results is the worst part!  

Will be thinking good thoughts and waiting with you for the outcome.  GOOD LUCK!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #61961 by Shacky73
Biopsies Tomorrow was created by Shacky73
I had a recurrence of T1G3 non-invasive BC end of last year with TURBT in January.  

BCG had been stopped in March 2021 due to joint flare ups - knees and one elbow.

Moffitt was willing to retry BCG in February.  I made it through 5 of 6 week reintroduction.  Then had swelling of left knee which was drained and is fine.

My follow up biopsies have been delayed a few times and I’m going in to tomorrow for the TURBT biopsies.  

Obviously nervous but coming to terms with fact that I can’t control this disease and need to listen to and rely on my doctors.

To me the toughest time is waiting for the results.  And worrying what the options will be.  

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne