Signatera

1 year 3 months ago #61528 by Jnani
Replied by Jnani on topic Signatera
My prof. who never responded to my email about Signatera, said to me earlier this week,  on the way to the Cystoscopy room :  "I am telling you in advance that I am not going to refer to this 'science fiction' (Signatera) before it becomes formal and included in protocols" 

I may try to communicate with the 2 oncologists.  If I will manage and will learn anything worthy, I will share it here.

Dear Sara-Anne,  the fact that I kept checking, after reading your advice from last month, of course does Not imply any undermining of your knowledge and understanding in this field.  My approach is explore-anything, and since one of the Israeli oncologists indicated that this can be used as a routine test for balder cancer, I think it is worth checking.   Thank you very much for the countless times of helping everybody here!  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #61499 by Jnani
As far as Prof. Nir Peled (www.szmc.org.il/eng/Departments/Oncology/Staff/) is quoted accurately by this news channel, he does speak about using the test routinely for early detection of recurrences. 

A free translation: "We can monitor the patient regularly, do the same blood test every few months with the specific stamp appropriate for his tumor, and detect a recurrence of the disease very early, long before we see anything in the body"

Prof. Peled is a colleague of the Prof. who treats me, so I guess I will know better sometime soon and will update here.

Thanks again.

1 year 4 months ago #61492 by Jnani
Thank you Sara Anne.

1 year 4 months ago #61491 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Signatera
Signatera tests in cases of colon cancer have been shown to probably be LESS sensitive to recurrences that the current standard of monitoring,.

www.precisiononcologynews.com/cancer/natera-minimal-residual-disease-test-value-called-question-city-hope-crc-patient-data#.Y5DfXHbMJPY

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

1 year 4 months ago #61490 by Jnani
Signatera was created by Jnani
Hello to All,

I came across a TV interview with 2 Oncologists (one of them is the head of the oncological center in the hospital I am treated at)
It was said that blood-test Signatera (www.natera.com/) which is considered as highly sensitive, suits bladder cancer.
I have forwarded the info to my Prof. and awaiting his opinion
Sharing also with you dear friends.
If this has been discussed/thought of, I will of course be happy to learn

Good health!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne