New to this site

3 years 7 months ago #59789 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic New to this site
J9,

Welcome. To answer directly I didn't have much pain after my 2 TURBS, just some mild cramping. At the same time, everyone is different. Different pain thresholds/tolerance and it also depends on how much cutting/burning they do. All I can add is let your Doc know about every problem that way they can get a complete picture.

An UTI could be part of this, the BCG can cause latent pain also. For sure if there is an infection they will defer for a week or so until cleared up. Keep asking away as you go.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #59788 by J9
New to this site was created by J9
I am new to this site, but not new to bladder cancer. I was diagnosed November 4, 2019. I've had 3 surgeries since then. November 14, March 20 and July 27. Fortunately, it has not been in the muscle any of the times. I have had 6 BCG treatments between surgeries 1 and 2. They held off because of Covid and that it was low grade at the first recurrence. I wanted to ask how long people have had discomfort after surgery? And do they go for their BCG treatments if they are experiencing discomfort from their surgeries? My pain has gotten better, but I start treatments again on Thursday, September 3. I have already taken antibiotics for a bladder infection. My doctor has said if I am still in some pain on Thursday to skip treatment and submit a urine culture. I am just wanting some information from others having experienced bladder cancer on how long their pain would last after surgeries. And does it seem to get worse with each subsequent surgery?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne