Urethral discomfort prolonged after cystoscopy

6 years 9 months ago #53687 by ilyanoor
Replied by ilyanoor on topic Urethral discomfort prolonged after cystoscopy
I'm having the same exact feeling. I described that to my urologist and he think it's all in my mind. It's very frustrating and irritating feeling. I'm seeking another urologist opinion. I hope You are better by now. I had my cystoscopy about 8 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to ease up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #52876 by DonnaD
Yes. I also had lousy taste in my mouth for two days and terrible smells that others could not smell.

7 years 4 months ago #52507 by Frances64
Replied by Frances64 on topic Urethral discomfort prolonged after cystoscopy
I have pain all the time since getting treatments cry every time I have to pee. Last turbt was awful the pain in my urethra is constantly there. Told surgeon I was depressed from the pain he told me to go see a therapist ?

7 years 5 months ago #52311 by heather79
Replied by heather79 on topic Urethral discomfort prolonged after cystoscopy
I had some discomfort after my TURBTs and stent removals. I found pyridium works well when paired with Tylenol or Advil.

Heather
Dx 5/25/2016, First cysto and TURBT 5/23/2016, 2nd cysto and TURBT 6/20/2016, Original tumor size (by CT): 7.3 cm x 4.8 cm x 4.8 cm, BCG 8/31/2016-10/12/2016,
Cysto 11/15/2016: Recurrence :(, TURBT (#3) 12/5/2016, BCG x 3 weeks, off 1 week x 1 year (end Jan 2018)
Cysto 4/5/17: NED!!

7 years 6 months ago #52200 by Frannieb52
Female here - six weeks out from cystoscopy and removal of superficial bladder cancer and treatment with mitomycin at the time. Anyone out there have lingering discomfort with sitting down or bending forward in urethral area, or even just constant discomfort in urethral area?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne