surgery

8 years 1 month ago #50784 by gizmo
Replied by gizmo on topic surgery
I called and he is out of office for the week again. She said it did not matter that I ate them that my urine showed blood and I need to have the surgery. Just hate to have another one 5 months later

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #50783 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic surgery
You should notify your doctor asap!!! You do not want to undergo surgery if it is not necessary. BTW, I often find it better to call and ask to speak to his nurse...she is easier to make fast contact with and will convey the message to him.

I'll bet you are not the first beet victim he has seen!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: gizmo

8 years 1 month ago #50782 by gizmo
surgery was created by gizmo
I am rather embarrassed by this question. I had seen blood in my urine last month and panicked. I got an appointment the same day as was also the day I took my dad. Dr said we will go ahead and do cycstoscopy now. Well my bladder looked fine but he wanted to do another turb. He also ordered a kidney ultrasound which came back normal. When I got home I realized the night before I had eaten a large amount of beet chips and I had no more red in my urine. Should I inform my dr. of this and maybe I won't have to have the turb done. I am so silly for not remembering. Thanks all!!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne