Return after a year, looking for advice

10 years 9 months ago #45110 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Return after a year, looking for advice
Yes, please read the previous discussions that Catherine has referenced. BUT I would ask for a TURB under anesthesia. This allows the doctor not only to remove the "small tumor" but also to take enough of the surrounding tissue to insure that he knows exactly the size and extent of the "small" tumor.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #45109 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Return after a year, looking for advice
Hi Paula... Another member had the same situation about a month ago trying to decide if she should have the procedure done in the uro's office. There was some discussion about it then which might help you, or confuse you more ( :)):

www.bladdercancersupport.org/forum/8-non-invasive-superficial-bladder-cancer-questions-and-comments/44047-polyp-removal-in-dr-office#44904

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #45108 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Return after a year, looking for advice
I have to disagree with your URO. Even though this is minor surgery, burning or cutting to catch the tissue for pathology plus the thought that he may want or may not see any thing else to check requires (at least me) to be out. Yes, it is more expensive. I am sure there are a few that have done this office wise from this group but, it isn't many. Take comfort in this is low grade!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

10 years 9 months ago #45107 by paula115
Return after a year, looking for advice was created by paula115
Hello to all , one year ago I was I had a grade 1 non invasive tumor removed, size 10 mm. Just made it to a year and today on cystoscope they found a small tumor , approx 5 mm, three months it was not there,I guess I am lucky I am checked every three months. My doctor told me he would like to do the procedure on removal in the office seeing it is so small. My questions is have any of you had this done in an office ? And what can I except regarding discomfort. I was also told it is common for a reoccurance, and not to worry. I know I am very lucky the tumor is small, but a worry it is.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne