Just \"diagnosed\" yesterday - 37 and very scared

12 years 1 month ago #41638 by mellycat
Yes I am so thankful. I am in the hospital and will be for about another week. The tumor removed was 5mm and the cut is 7mm. I did change urologists and now using my dads BC doc. I had them transfer me to his hospital. I just want to thank all of you for your advice and kind words. They have meant so much to me. I just can't believe this has happened to me but I just hope it will heal without surgery because that sounds like it will be a nasty one. I still can't understand why a doctor would tell a patient that they have cancer without knowing for sure. I haven't even seen that doctor and prefer never to see her again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #41634 by upnorth
Melly,

I feel bad that you had to go through all of this, but I am totally trilled by the fact that you don't have cancer. THANK GOD!! :woohoo:

I feel it is also my responsibility to inform you that you may not become a full member of our club. THANK GOD AGAIN!! ;)

I hope you heal up soon, and never, ever need us again.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

12 years 1 month ago #41633 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Just \"diagnosed\" yesterday - 37 and very scared
I am so sorry for all your troubles. It sounds like the doctor who did your TURBT was not experienced enough to be working on you. Please do not go back to her for anything!

And, at least there was some good news about your tumor being of the fatty variety! Those things run in my family. My mom had them all over, and all my siblings has at least one, myself included!

I do hope you continue to heal without further surgery. My very best wishes for a speedy recovery now that the cause of your discomfort has been found.

Sending you gentle {{{hugs}}}!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 1 month ago #41632 by warrentug
Mel, I am sorry you are having to go through all of that.....but....I am very happy for you!!!!( And a little jealous). I hope you heal up soon and feel better:)

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41631 by mmc
Holy Crimeny!!!

Glad you got to the ER!!!!

Good news that it was not bladder cancer so you don't need to worry about that anymore. The remaining fluid in your body will reabsorb on its own without problem but do not stop those antibiotics until you are told to (after you have completed all the course). You'd be surprised how many people have unwittingly created antibiotic resistant diseases because they don't finish all the antibiotics as instructed.

The pain will go away now that they have things under control. I'm guessing it's a pretty tiny hole in the bladder or they would be going in to sew it up.

What a nightmare! However, I'm guessing the weight of the world was lifted from your shoulders now that you found out you do NOT have cancer!!!

No celebrating (except in your head) until you are better from this other catastrophe though! :)

I would also recommend a new urologist if you have problems in the future. They should NOT be making holes in your bladder for TURBT and they especially shouldn't have been ignoring your post-operative problems.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 1 month ago #41630 by DougG
Melly,

I am so glad that you went to the ER and are getting taken care of. Have you started to feel any better? Are you in the hospital or back home? All your buddies on here have been concerned. Praise God on your pathology report!! Hope better days are ahead soon.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne