Just \"diagnosed\" yesterday - 37 and very scared

12 years 3 weeks ago #41729 by GKLINE
I think you have every right to be upset at your Dr. Even though they are Dr.s..... They make mistakes. But Damn! He should be at your side every minute until you are back to yourself.
Hang in there. This too shal pass...... hopefully.
We know how to keep up your spirits..... Just look at the other person in the Photo you submitted. :) See?

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #41728 by mellycat
Hi JD,

Thanks for the well wish. I am so glad it is stage 0. That is the best way to catch it and sounds like your gonna be just fine :P . What a blessing it was that you had symptoms like you did. So many do not. I am sure with checkups you will keep an upper hand on it. Be so very thankful for that.
As for myself I am still on the catheter and unfortunately my cystogram showed that my perforation has not healed at this time. They said he wasn't sure if a pouch was forming or it was still a hole at this time. I am not sure exactly what the doctor is going to do next. He did mention last time I spoke with him that I may stay on the catheter another 10 days. The radiologist seemed to think that when he compares the scans if they are the same I will have to have surgical repair which I was hoping to get away without doing because they said they will have to cut me from the tummy to get to it. Hoping it looks better than the last scan. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and I guess we will see what his plans are from there. As far as the fluid I have lost 11 pounds of it off of my body so far. Only 5 more to go. Amazing your body can swell that bad just from urine leakage :S !
So angry at the doctor that did this to me. I have lost a lot of work time and it takes away from my kids lives but I am hanging in there. Sometimes I find myself getting very depressed about it but I am alive and keeping my faith in healing . Take care of yourself and keep me updated on yourself. Always praying for all of you!
Mel

12 years 3 weeks ago #41703 by JD37
Hi Mel - I hope you're doing better. Just wanted to send you a well wish. I am trying to do my best to move past my whole ordeal, as I now know that what I had was thankfully only the Ta, low grade variety. I still have to go back in four months for a check up, which is already making me nervous, but I guess it is better that way so I can always be sure to stay on top of things.

Will you have to go back for checkups as well?

Anyway, hope your feeling better. Take care.

JD

12 years 3 weeks ago #41702 by JD37
Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well. I am doing a bit better. I was finally able to confirm w/ my doctor that the 1-2mm lesion recently removed was classed as a Ta (which I guess is also referred to as stage 0,) low grade BC and that we'll follow up in four months w/ an in office cystoscopy to make sure everything is still all clear.

In between now and that time, I am going to continue working w/ a Therapist on my anxiety issues, as this whole thing is still having a significantly negative effect on me. I'm working hard to change that part though, but everything is a process I guess.

Thanks again for all the support.

JD

12 years 4 weeks ago #41658 by upnorth
JD, This is good news! :cheer: You will still have to get the checkups every 3-4 months to make sure you stay all clear. But as you now know, ;) they aren't so bad to do.

Keep on top of this, and follow your doctors schedule. To get things cleaned up so soon is the best possible advantage you can have. I think you are going to be just fine, from this point on. B)

Keep us posted on how the next checkup goes.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

12 years 4 weeks ago #41657 by upnorth
Melly it sounds like you are on the way to recovery. :) Please remember to finish all of the antibiotics, some people stop taking them before they are told too. This is not a good thing to do.

I am so glad you are getting the proper care now. Keep us posted as to how the recovery is going.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne