Turbt recovery question

12 years 9 months ago #38269 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Turbt recovery question
I know it seems silly to be tired and lethargic when you feel no pain and there is no outside evidence of a procedure. But, there WAS a procedure. It is normal to feel this way. As your body recovers from this invasion of privacy. Now is the time to rest and recover. You probably will have a second TURB to determine if the margins are clear(they got it all)

Enjoy taking it easy for a while...... you have a good excuse indeed.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38267 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Turbt recovery question
When I had my initial procedure almost 4 years ago I was tired as well and had bladder spasms for a short period of time. Because of the tumor site, I had a stent placed in for about two weeks. After a few days any side effects were tolerable. After 23 BCG treatments I am doing fine.

Joey

12 years 9 months ago #38266 by kwhittakerl
Turbt recovery question was created by kwhittakerl
Hi, I am new to this website and trying to learn to navigate...please bare with me!

I had a turbt procedure a week ago. Before the surgery, I asked my urologist if there were any restrictions...she said no. After the surgery I am given a list of restrictions...which is frustrating and I wish I knew before so I could be better prepared.

I have been feeling very lethargic and tired the past 3-4 days. I have no fever etc. I am just wondering if this is normal after having a turbt procedure and how long does the tiredness last???

Any thoughts from experienced folks would be greatly appreciated!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne