My Doctor said, "You'r one lucky kid!"

17 years 3 months ago #3207 by Simon
Today I had pain from my left lower back, through my left testicle and into my lower abdomen when urinating. This happened twice. The pain was significant.

Anyone else experience these symptoms?

Simon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #3206 by Simon
Hello Tim.

I have been told by others to continue with the pain meds.

I however have always been one to stop taking them when I started to feel better. I am a firm believer in not masking any pains so I have an idea of how my body is healing. Granted this is usually from a work or sports related injury. I am beginning to understand all to well that surgery and this disease is something that can't be fixed by ice and a bandage.

My Dr laughed when I asked him when I could play hockey again. He told me 2 walks a day for 30 min. Funny, 6 to 8 weeks to heal, I'm feeling way ahead of that. If only the razor blades would subside...

I shall have to try some cranberry juice. My Dr. also suggested carbonated water.

Thanks Tim,

Simon.

17 years 3 months ago #3205 by timb
Hey Simon
Apart from lots of water I just used the usual off-the-shelf medication (paracetamol, Ibuprofen) to alleviate painful urination post bladder resection. Some people reckon on cranberry juice. Can't do any harm! The outcome of this disease is so varied it's not really possible to predict whether you will be someone who just has the one tumour pop up or a series over the years. But I don't think you're wrong at all to be optimistic. You've won the first battle by not having an invasive tumour. And now the disease has shown itself, you have the opportunity to keep an eye on things. Sounds like your doc is following the usual regimen for these tumours. You will find that the checks will continue for some time but, if you keep getting clear results, the intervals between checks may increase. You've been really lucky but a G2 tumour (it says II/III on the path report) is still something to take seriously. It's funny how these things can develop silently even when they are the size of a mandarin orange!

Best of luck Simon

Tim

17 years 3 months ago #3203 by Simon
I am 37 years old. I had a mandarin orange sized tumor removed on
Dec 27. :o

Jan 11 I had my follow up to review biopsy results etc... :-/

My Doctor said, "I'm very suprised. A tumor that size which was superficial and non-invasive, you'r one lucky kid!"

He described it as G2 superficial, Stage A, confined to lining and is now gone. :)

My pathology report states...

1. Non-invasive papillary transitional cell carcinoma, Grade II/III.
  Multiple fragments of non-invasive exophytic tumor are present.

2. Numerous fragments of unremarkable uninvolved muscularis propria.

3. Cautery artifact. :-?

To me it sounds good.

My Doctor tells me I will not be requiring any BCG treatments.
He also tells me there is a 50% chance of me requiring more surgery to remove future tumors.
Is this standard practice for my diagnosis?

My next appointment is Feb 26.
I will be scheduled for another scope after this.
Then scopes every 3 months for the first year.

Right now I am walking on cloud 9.
I am worried that I am being too optamistic.

Thank you Wendy.
The advice you gave me about staying off of the net was great.

Any suggestions on how to alleviate some of the pain I am experiencing when I urinate? [smiley=evil.gif]
I haven't been eating any spicy foods, no coffee, alcohol etc...
Just lots of green tea and water. Every once and a while some juice or milk.
I sure could go for a [smiley=beer.gif].
My Doctor certainly scared me away from that!

Thanks again Ro, Wendy, and someone else whos name I have forgotten.
(Had a brocolli tumor removed).

Simon.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne