New growth found

14 years 1 month ago #30899 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic New growth found
Vi,

Sorry to hear of your recurrance. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road and you will continue to be cancer free in the future. Wishing you the best.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #30872 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic New growth found
I agree that the checks is so important. Since they really are interesting to me as I watch with him, I could do them every month just to make sure we stay on top of this.
Thank you all for the kind words and even the thought that you are proud of me, but I would be lying if I did not admit that I had my own little pity party full of tears and anger.

Heck, with role models like all of you, I find it easier all the time to work on making living with cancer better rather than thinking about what cancer can do to me. Not sure I said that the way I was thinking???

Thanks probably isn't enough, but I am thankful for all the support I get.
Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 1 month ago #30871 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic New growth found
The cystos are paying dividends. May not seem like it since it sucks to get a recurrence but if you are going to get them it is great to catch them early and get them taken care of.

Glad it hasn't gotten you down and you are marching on.

All the Best!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 1 month ago #30866 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic New growth found
Hi VI
I had 2 early on recurrences. I know it is discouraging but as long as non-invasive low grade not to worry.
The BCG finally worked for me after my 3rd Turbt. I am currently 28 months cancer free. Also after my 3rd Turbt I had a 1 hour instillation of Mitomycin C.
Keep smiling and positive.
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 1 month ago #30865 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic New growth found
Sorry to hear of your recurrence. I can only say that early diagnosis and vigilance is what will keep you going. There will be setbacks, but you are definitly on the right path and your attitude is so much better than your first post.

You can handle this small bump in the road. I, for one, am very proud of how you handle this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 1 month ago #30864 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic New growth found
Thanks to all of you that have replied and shown your support. It is, I imagine, always going to be tough news to take when new growth is found. However, it really does help being able to know there are more people than just family to help with all the emotions that go with cancer. It especially helps when you share that you have been here and words of hope.

Thank you each for being there with words of support.
I will continue my fight.
Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne