SAtill confused

17 years 4 months ago #2898 by salr
Replied by salr on topic SAtill confused
Thank you Wendy I will. I know this sounds silly but are the guidlines the same in US as here in Uk - are they set by WHO?. My first check up after TURB was 2 months my second 3 months and they said this time it would be 4 months - hence back in in January is that right.?
I get so confused because originally they said because of my age and the diagnosis I would have to be carefully monitored in the future - . Back in September when they said it would be 4 months I queried it and was told as I had 2 clears 4 months was an acceptable time frame.
Unfortunately many of the websites I have visited for info on BC go alot on an older persons perspective and I havent found any info on the long term for someone my age.
Regards

Sally
T1B G2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2897 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic SAtill confused
You're not being over anxious and in fact your doctor is possibly being negligent in his attitude because the guidelines are 3 month follow ups for the first 2 yrs post dx, going to every six mos, to yearly as long as there is no recurrence. You should be encouraged to be pro-active and diligent in pursuing a cysto if you are having symptoms, in my opinion. T1b is a serious diagnosis, not to be taken lightly. Makes me think you should get another opinion from someone who is an expert in the field.

Your partner and your GP are not uro-oncologists. If they were, they would not say something like 'you should have gotten over it by now"! which sounds not only insensitive but uninformed as to the high recurrence rate of bladder cancer, and a T1b diagnosis calls for very close and careful follow up. This is the only life you have (at least in this body, this time around!), it's best to keep one step ahead when it comes to bladder cancer.

Follow your instincts.
Take care,
Wendy

17 years 4 months ago #2895 by salr
SAtill confused was created by salr
Hi All, I am a 44 year old female and I was diagnosed as having bladder cancer back in April of this year. It was staged as T1b G2 and I received one dose of mytomycin C after the TURBT. I have had two checks since, both have been clear (last one September).
However I have been waking up at night recently and going to the loo and my bladder doesnt always feel empty although there is no burning and no blood that I can see.
I was supposed to be going back in sometime within the first 2 weeks of Jan and have been phoning the hospital to see if i can get a date, i have a 3 1/2 year old so have to get someone to watch him aswell as arrange cover for my business. So today I phoned and was told that they hadnt come back to me as a consultant is off sick and my problem isnt life or death so they will phone me after xmas. Do you think I am being over anxious? I just live with this fear that it is coming back. My partner and GP say I should have gotten over it now as I have been clear the last few times.

Sally
T1B G2

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne