Still having some problems.

15 years 2 weeks ago #25168 by MeebyScuppy
Replied by MeebyScuppy on topic Still having some problems.
Thank you for your response, I will look into that doctor. Yeah, I called the doctor that handled my surgery but just spoke with his nurse who suggested I get in to see URO. Unfortunately with just getting Kaiser insurance their facilities don't seem the greatest. Their URO said to go to one of their regular doctors. They wanted me to wait and see the URO at my 3 month appointment. Thankfully me new family practice doctor is going to try and get me in sooner.

Thank you so much for your response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 weeks ago #25165 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Still having some problems.
Hagen,

I didn't have the problems you are describing but I noticed that you are in Denver. I'm up in Fort Collins.

I highly recommend Dr. Paul Maroney at the University of Colorado Hospital. He was recommended to me by my uro in Ft Collins when I had a recurrence.

Great office staff as well.

I also noticed you were born in 1980 (from your profile). You definately want to stay on top of this thing.

Can't you call your doctor that did the TUR? Seems like it should still be considered as post-op follow-up. He could at least give you feedback over the phone on the symptoms you describe. Might be worth a shot.

Best of luck!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

15 years 2 weeks ago #25162 by MeebyScuppy
Still having some problems. was created by MeebyScuppy
I am new to this site and was just hoping to get some feedback from others who may have had similar problems. I had a superficial tumor that was removed 3/4/2009. The procedure went very smooth and the doctor said that since we got all of the tumor I would not need any follow up treatment other that the cytoscopes every 3 months. I returned to work 3 days after the surgery and was feeling pretty good. Now within the past week I am getting pain in my bladder again and am wondering if I should be concerned since it has been over a month. I am also having problems with nausea and diarrhea, I was wondering if anyone else had any problems like these. I am scheduling a return appointment, though being that I just got insurance and am having to change doctors it may be a little bit before I get in. Any personal experiences or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hagen

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne