SOme questions.

15 years 1 month ago #24498 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic SOme questions.
CIS will not show up on anything.
Do you have your pathology report? How do you know he got it all? Any TURB and diagnosis of bladder cancer requires continuous check ups at 3 months. A re-turb is also the norm these days as seeding will happen if all margins are not gotten.
The lack of vigilance on the part of the doctors is kind of alarming to me. A CT should be done, blood work, FISH test, and a bone scan. But then the VA isn't big on spending money on their vets are they?
What came first the chicken or the egg? Perhaps the bladder infections were a sign of an aggrevated bladder with cancer....then when you don't listen to that it sends out blood.....sometimes microscopic.....then when you really don't listen ...hemmoragic. The last got my attention. I'll bet a high percentage of us have done the same thing.....who ever heard of bladder cancer?
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #24497 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic SOme questions.
Hi, I had an ultra sound and ct scan and both were negative for tumor, they were both wrong. Upon scoping me a couple of days later they found five tumors. I guess the only way to be sure is to go in and look. Rocky

15 years 1 month ago #24495 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic SOme questions.
Hi Britt,
Don·t know if ultrasound can show up infection, but my tumour was finally diagnosed on ultrasound and it showed up as clear as anything. Since TURBS haven·t had any more ultrasounds, just cystoscopes, as they show any changes in the bladder lining more clearly. Hope this helps,
Regards, Diane

15 years 1 month ago #24493 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic SOme questions.
I think the only ultrasound I ever got was after my bladder was removed to how well I was draining the neobladder. I typically got CT scans (but also had a head to toe) PET scan. So...I don't know about ultrasound for finding cancer. Certainly not for UTI as far as I know. They do a urine test for UTIs.

If they got it all out, then I'm not sure what you mean by did it make it worse? You can only treat it once you know you have it. I had UTIs for quite a while before I was finally referred to a urologist who took a peak and found a spot. After that however, we were very quick to get it removed.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

15 years 1 month ago #24485 by britt
SOme questions. was created by britt
As I mentioned in another post, I am fairly newly diagnosed with non-invasive bladder cancer. My problem is that I lost the urologist who did the original procedure and now Ive been shuttled back to the VA(who havent treated me on this yet). My original dr was a liilte vague and at the time I wasnt as focused as need be. I am armed with almost no knowledge of the actual parameters of my illness.
I had read that this cancer can be caused be recurring bladder infections. On 2 different occasions while hospitalized for my heart condition they found bladder infections. About 2 years ago I was directed to the VA due to going hypotensive on my correg. They admitted me when they found another baldder infection. At that time I was admitted for 3 days for an antibiotic series. First by IV until it was getting beeter and then oral. At that time I had asked the dr why I had numerous infections. He told me that some where prone to them. It bothers me now that they have never done any regular followus to see if it came back. My white count is always elevated but that has been a constant since I caught MRSA at the VA in 02.
The time they found it I was in the ER> After doing blood work they admitted me for the bladder infection. Does anyone know that if regular bloodwork shows that a bladder infection is occurring?
My concern is that I have been suffering from ongoing bladder infections for a number of years and that this might have caused my cancer.
Another concern was in how it was found. I passed several clots back in Oct of 07. After they passed I had red tinted urine for a day or so and then it cleared up. About a month later it happened again. I first noticed it in my urine stream. I could feel them coming out. There was no pain it just felt like I was shooting peas out! After that I told my dr as it started to worry me. Due to complications it was over 14 months before they did the procedure and found and removed the cancer(the dr said he got all of it-my good news!) If I was running around with undiagnosed ballder cancer all that time does that send up any flares for making the problem worse? Also during the wait to get the c-scope done(it had to be done insurgery under general) I had 2 ultra sounds of the area. Now they tell me that an ultrasound will be part of the presurgical requirements before I have the scope done every 90 days.
I wanted to know if the ultrasound would show either the bladder cancer or an infection
britt

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne