question about my dad\'s followup visit

15 years 5 months ago #22342 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic question about my dad\'s followup visit
correct me if i'm wrong you all.....but didn't Lamm say that it took 6 months for the BCG to have a complete effect? I'm looking for the article....Rosemary help!! Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #22339 by cas1966
hi,

my dad was diagnosed october 2007 with one tumor that was t1-g2-3. it was removed and he had a followup turb one month after to make sure no residual tumor left. the doctor went all the way down to the fat layer and did not find anything. he had initial 6 weeks of bcg followed by his first two 3 month check ups (both were clean)and maintenence bcg in july/august. he went for his 3 month check up last week. the doctor saw a white, fuzzy/fluffy spot that he said is not yet a tumor but does need to be removed because although the doctor said it was not yet a tumor it was trying to do something/develop into a tumor, he also said it was on the surface and he will do a turb to have it removed. my dad had no symptons. my question is, what does it mean when the doctor says it is not a tumor yet? i am nervous but also realize that because it was caught so early it is manageble and my dad will be ok. thanks for any advice out there.

claudia

ps. i originally enrolled under the name cas but have not been able to get new password set up, my previous posts are under the name cas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne