Shock from my cysto (and a matter of trust)

16 years 2 months ago #13647 by bzy3mv
Hi All,
The size of my 1st tumor was about 2cmX2cmX0.5. The size of the 2nd tumor/growth was 0.2X0.1X0.1. Originally, my family doctor asked me to have a Cysto because he found microscopic blood in my urine which may have been caused by bladder cancer. His guess was correct. It proves that early detection of cancer saves lives and make prognosis simpler and less painful.
Something that bother is very much is trusting the urologists. My last Cycsto was supposed to be the last one if the result was clean. The urologist that did the Cysto told me that the bladder is clean however, he saw an uneven section in the bladder and he proposed to have a biopsy. He never mentioned about any growth. I agreed with biopsy and 3 weeks later I went to his office for the results. He told me that it was cancer but he cleaned it completely and I should not worry. I was completely shocked because he never told me that there was a growth and instead I was told that there is uneven curve in my bladder. Later he told me that he did not mention about the growth so that I don't get scared. When I cornered him and he could not answer my questions he dumped me by suggesting that I should find another urologist. What I understood from this event was that if the Cysto result was clean I did not have to see any urologist and do any Cysto anymore. However, he MAY!! have made this situation to drag me to his clinic for another 5 years for not needed Cystos and ignoring my health for his financial gains. I went to another urologist(the best in town) and he suggested another Cysto. Just yesterday I made an appointment with a third urologist without telling him that the next Cysto is supposed to be the last one if the result is clean.
I will keep you posted.
BTW - I mentioned in my previous posting that I smoke two packs a day and drink 2-3 shots of Vodka everyday. I know that what I do is not a healthy life style and I am not encouraging it at all.

regards,
Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne