Quality of Life - Frequent Urination

16 years 3 months ago #12402 by laubsman
Replied by laubsman on topic Quality of Life - Frequent Urination
Rosemary;

If you will remember I complained about the same condition early in December. It is oh so true that your quality of life is substantially impacted. I remember that you told me that you went several times daily and the voids were substantial. I also average about every two hours and the quantity varies from 4 ounces to 12 ounces depending on intake. I was advised by a friend, on the forum, that this is not natural and it is not a necessary compliation of aging.

I also worry if the frequency is predicated by a recurrence of the bladder cancer or the trauma associated with BCG and instrumentation. I am taking Proscar and Flo-Max. The medications do not really abate the situation. I have a cystoscopy scheduled for the 17th of Janyary and I am going to have to make it clear to my doctor that it impacts substantially on a person's quality of life. I probably have not done much to reassure you but I do understand your feelings and concerns.

The people around us and those who care for us have large burdens to shoulder I am so grateful for this forum, people like you who care and my wife who is a true warrior. You and all of our fellow survivors are in our daily prayers.

Jack And Melanie
(Laubsman)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12392 by Potter
Replied by Potter on topic Quality of Life - Frequent Urination
Hi Rosie,
empathise with you fully. I submitted a mail on this right after my initial resection. Along with the obvious and problems personal to you I would add that frequency affects mindset! It becomes habitual. The slightest signal in my bladder became a signal for me to go the toilet. I would also anticipate that signal. My own personal response to this has been to create alternative distractions for my brain to deal with, namely work or excercise. Hope you sort something out soon that works for you.

Potter :)

16 years 3 months ago #12391 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Quality of Life - Frequent Urination
How much are you drinking Rosemary? I know you do a lot of Green tea which is a natural diuretic...but do you have unusual thirst? Julie could be on to something...i'd check it out. Pat

16 years 3 months ago #12388 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Quality of Life - Frequent Urination
Have you been checked for diabetes? One of the signs is frequent urination.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 3 months ago #12387 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Quality of Life - Frequent Urination
Rose, when you responded to your doctor was it a good thing that you went alot when you went?

Joe

16 years 3 months ago #12385 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Quality of Life - Frequent Urination
Rose,

I absolutely identify with your plight about the aggravation of frequency and urgency. Since my last TURBT I have to go every 40 minutes and sometimes more frequently. Are you taking any RX for the frequency/urgency such as Detrol, Enablex or Vesicare? These usually help. I have also found that sleep aids such as Tylenol PM can let me have up to three or four hours of sleep, whereas I get up hourly otherwise.

David

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne