Mitomycin-C

16 years 3 months ago #12200 by beglin99
Replied by beglin99 on topic Mitomycin-C
;D ;D ;D.. Now we need a little humor on this site... "Just like having gonorrhea"... gee, some of us... most of us I hope ... have NOT had that experience... HA!!! And hopefully never will... :-[ :-[ :-[ thanks for the insight Warren..!!!!

Retired USAF Col, father of 4, grandfather of 9, greatgrandfather of one.. Enjoying life to the max...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12189 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Mitomycin-C
Dear Don,
I didn't have Mitomycin C after my TURB, but I was treated with 8 weekly instillations of Mitomycin C instead of BCG. Aside from a rash on my hands, which I was told to expect, the only problem I had was after my urologist was too rough with the catheter and injured my urethra. After that I had urethritis with each treatment - pus and burning, just like having Gonorrhea except it only persisted a few hours. That was 7 years ago. ;D

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 3 months ago #12188 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Mitomycin-C
I had mitomycin immediately following my TURB and in December finished 6 weekly treatments with it. Didn't have any discomfort from it. January 9th I get to see if it worked.

16 years 3 months ago #12185 by drosenberg
Replied by drosenberg on topic Mitomycin-C
Thanks for the responses. I'm a real wimp, but I'm a little less nervous now.

Don

Don

16 years 3 months ago #12184 by beglin99
Forgot to say ... you can see my case history on "landon's" thread

Retired USAF Col, father of 4, grandfather of 9, greatgrandfather of one.. Enjoying life to the max...

16 years 3 months ago #12183 by beglin99
I have had 2 TURBC with mitomycin put in right after surgery. I did experience burning sensation where the catheter came out... very sensitive place.. like the end of my penis...(ouch).. My uro had me keep the catheter in for 7 days, which may not be typical. There were no other side effects. But, when I tried to take 6 weekly instillations of mitomycin 6 months later the burning was so severe and peersistant that I stopped after 5 treatments. I tried 3 maintenance treatments 6 months later, but could only tolerate 2. Some people are just more sensitive to mitomycin I guess. but I have been clear for 16 months now, so maybe it really works.

Good luck ... Bill

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne