Urologist in Sacramento Area

17 years 8 months ago #1075 by windybaer
Replied by windybaer on topic Urologist in Sacramento Area
Amy, By definition, pathologists are trained to diagnose abnormalties of cells based on their microscopic anatomy. It would be a poor pathologist indeed that could not differentiate a malignant cell when they saw it. To put things into perspective i can say with first hand experience, that some pathologists with experience can examine a cell and can even tell you if that cell shows sign of "becoming malignant" at some time in the future. The evidence is there for those that are experienced and can see. Where you need to concentrate your concern is on how to treat whatever stage you are in at the moment. That's why I am on this forum, looking for answers for myself.Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #1072 by amy
Urologist in Sacramento Area was created by amy
Does any one have a good urologist in the Sacramento CA area? How do you know if a doctor has a lot of experience in bladder cancer? Also how do you know if the pathology department that looked at your slides has experience with bladder cancer ? My slides were looked at by two pathologists at the department at Mercy General Hospital. Is another opinion warranted and were do you send the slides?

Thanks
Alyssa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne