Bladder Cancer... Good Chemo???

16 years 5 months ago #9676 by amcollins
Bladder Cancer... Good Chemo??? was created by amcollins
Hi,
My father was diagnosed several months back with re-occuring bladder cancer from 14 years ago. When going in to remove his bladder, it was found that the bladder had hardened like "stone" and fused with his pelvic bone so they could not remove it afterall, however he does have an ostomy bag after redirecting his kidney tubes. He had several chemo treatments and 8 weeks of radiation and felt somewhat better for a few weeks, now the pain is back along with loss of appetite, not able to sit for long periods of time etc.. so we are awaiting the PET scan results this Monday on possible spreading. My question is, we do not know much about the differtn "types" of chemo and I was wondering if you could suggest a good type that I can mention to our doctor to try. We are kind of stuck because my father retired in Dec of last year, then found out he had cancer a couple months later, yet did not have health insurance after retiring, so we are battling the medicaid system for help now. He will not qualify for medicare until April. Therefore we feel our hands are tied when it comes to cancer center help or clinical trials, medicaid doesn't like to pay for too much. Help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne