Radiation to Pelvic Area/Bleeding

16 years 10 months ago #5909 by DebTN
Replied by DebTN on topic Radiation to Pelvic Area/Bleeding
Hello Clara,
I hope your husband is feeling better so this note is a few days late. My husband is having radiation to the pelvis area specifically the L4 lumbar. The radiologist and tech all talked about the possibilty of diarrea but none so far. We go today for his 13 treatment and he gets a total of 15. My husband takes alot of pain meds which keep him constipated this might be the reason for no side effects. I hope your husbands treatments have helped with the pain. My husband is scheduled to get a Zometa injection the first of the week. This is also helpful in bone degenation. Another thought -the oncologist put my husband on Elavil last week - it works well for chronic pain by intensifing the effects of pain meds and sedation. He takes it at bedtime and can sleep on his back all night for the first time in months. Ask for a low dose if its recommended cause my husband started at 25 mg and it gave him the feeling of a hang over all day a lower dose was better. I hope this was somewhat helpful and will keep you both in my prayers. Debbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5883 by Clara
Radiation to Pelvic Area/Bleeding was created by Clara
My husband just finished up his 10 radiation treatments to the pelvic area and 5 to one of his ribs.
The dr. said she did not put much radiation to the colon area but he has had a lot of diaherra and bleeding for 4 days now. Following her instructions, he doubled up on Imodium AD and we are supposed to call her back in the morning if no better.
Does anyone know how long these things usually last?

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne