Recurrent BC/Rght. Ureter

17 years 3 weeks ago #4748 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Recurrent BC/Rght. Ureter

Hi,

That would be a 'ureteroscopy', and yes, you should ask just to let the doctor know you are aware of the procedure and feel it's wise to do.

Please keep us posted.
Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #4740 by Jeannette
Replied by Jeannette on topic Recurrent BC/Rght. Ureter
I imagine they do, don't be afraid to ask questions!! I know my husbands urologist did his bladder biopsy. I do urge you to find an oncologist.. just wondering if you had any bone scans done yet?

17 years 3 weeks ago #4737 by jc10fc
Recurrent BC/Rght. Ureter was created by jc10fc
June 2002 - Dx - TCC Invasive BC - High Grade/T2a Located junction of rght. ureter and bladder. Pt chose not to have cystectomy
Treatment - many instillations of BCG for 1.5 yrs. AFter 1.5 yrs. lymph adenopathy shown in Ct scans. Six cycles of Cisplatin/gemcitabine completed in July 2004. Radiographically clean since. Most recent scan now shows mild thickening of rght. ureter proximal to bladder oepning and cytology shows malignant cells. Urologist will do bladder mapping biopsy and collect a urine sample from kidney.
? Do urologists do biopsies of ureters? Is it so close to the oepining, the urologist will get a sample when doing the mapping biopsy? Should I question this?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne