Cycle 2 postponed

11 years 2 weeks ago #44547 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Cycle 2 postponed
Mike, I've been out of the loop for awhile. hang in there it's got to get better.

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #44545 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Cycle 2 postponed
Thanks for the Update.

Good Luck with the side effects.

Rest and Hydrate!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 2 weeks ago #44537 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Cycle 2 postponed
Yesterday was my Day 1 of cycle 2. Each cycle is 21 days.
On day 1 I get Cisplatin, Gemcitibine, and the study drug (which is either a placebo or Avastin). That comes along with a couple bottles of saline, anti nausea meds, and Dexamethesone (steroid but works more like a balancing agent and anti nausea med when given as part of a chemo regimen). Also get Emend on day 1, 2, and 3. That's a tri-pack of some expensive anti nausea med (383 lot the pack).

I don't have to go back to the doc until day 8. That's when I get only the Gemcitibine.

I do have to take anti nausea meds (dexmethazone and zophran) on day 2-4 at home whether I have nausea or not. After that I just take zophran if I have nausea (which periodically I do).

Some of the symptoms I have make me think I am getting the Avastin and not placebo. My nurse practitioner and my study coordinator seem to think so as well. That's a good thing.

They may decide to give me shots to boost my neutrophils on a regular basis. That has to be coordinated with the study though and I will find out Wednesday next week.

Mike.

Ps. Chemo went well. Before I went to the infusion center I stopped at a pizza place next store and ordered and paid for a calzone to be delivered at 1pm. It was huge so I shared it with other patients and offered it to the nurses. There are about 5 places that deliver to the infusion center so I can get variety. Just stop by in the morning before I go, buy it, pay for it, and tell them when to deliver. Doing ok this morning but this will definitely be a hydrate and rest day.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 2 weeks ago #44536 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Cycle 2 postponed
Dear Mike and Jean , Act the age that is in your head not the one on the calender ! My prayers are with you both while you go thru this chemo. You will come out the other side beat up but ok. Rocky

11 years 2 weeks ago #44534 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Cycle 2 postponed
Woowoo, thank goodness for that- was getting cramp in my fingers. No, seriously that is really good news. I guess by now you have completed round 2, and home to rest.

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #44530 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Cycle 2 postponed
Counts are GOOD! Sorry I forgot to report. Been chatting with a fellow chemo person.
I'm hooked up and things are running fast so I might be out of here around 3:30.

Plugging away!

Thanks!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne