Status Updated from Mike (now in the mets section)

11 years 1 month ago #44242 by mmc
Yes, my appointment is tomorrow. I sent them an email about getting a power port put in. That can be used for blood draws, chemo, CT contrast , etc. That way we can give a saline IV at home if needed.

He wants to discuss another study with me as well. I am guessing they will chase down the pathologists of they don't get the results in the morning. My appointment is at 2:30.

They already scheduled me for chemo starting Monday. The fellow put an order for my port today also.

Will update everyone tomorrow.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #44241 by CatherineH
Hey Mike... I know your oncologist appointment is tomorrow (Thursday) and I am assuming they will have your biopsy results ready. I sincerely hope they are ready to get the show on the road as they say and get you on the road to recovery ASAP!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #44239 by upnorth
Mike, Just hoping for an update.

Hope everything is going okay.:dry:

Mark

((((I found you in the other post! Glad it went well!))))

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 1 month ago #44221 by GKLINE
Audrey and I were listening to a program on the radio yesterday, and the subject was about positive attitude and cancer. The thing that perked me up was the hospitals that were used as the basis for this. MD Anderson and Dana Farber.

They have done tests showing how attitude can affect the recovery of cancer patients. The effect of the mind on recovery is becoming a major reason why some people get, and stay, sick. By using basic stress relieving, and physical training to get the mind in a proper attitude for recovery. There are even studies that show a positive and less stressful attitude can aid in preventing a sickness.

This gives me great hope that You will beat this Mike. You have one of the best attitudes I have ever seen. Great family support and open communication about your treatment and feelings will help you get well.

As we listened to this, Audrey and I were shocked at the timing of it all. She noticed that your name was on our prayer list at church and then "this"

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mike. We hate to be pests, but without a daily update, we let our fears get to us.

Thanks
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 1 month ago #44220 by Herb
Be thinking positive thoughts about you Mike!

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

11 years 1 month ago #44219 by Jmema
Wishing all the best for you today Mike. Hope it is easy and quick with the best possible results.
Your family sounds just like mine. As a matter of fact we were saying the other day the cancer made usall closer. Had an old Aunt who always told me something good always comes out of something bad.
Take good care.
Blessings.....Jean
The following user(s) said Thank You: DougG

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne