Metastatic Bladder Cancer

13 years 7 months ago #34010 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Metastatic Bladder Cancer
Gee i'm thinking if they can do this for mets to the liver from colorectal cancer Why can't they do it for bladder cancer mets? I would contact this surgeon and ask.
www2.mdanderson.org/depts/oncolog/articles/06/4-apr/4-06-1.html
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #34003 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Metastatic Bladder Cancer
Rick,

Sorry to hear about the spread to the liver. You are at one of the top cancer hospitals in the country so that might up your chances even more.

Sounds like a discussion should be had regarding that clinical trial. If they think that would increase the odds even more, it might be a good idea. I have no idea though so getting pros and cons from the doc and doing some research might be in order.

I don't have mets so I can't help much but I certainly agree that it makes sense to be confused and angry.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 7 months ago #34001 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Metastatic Bladder Cancer
Rick;
Very sorry to read that you were diagnosed with liver cancer.
I was not going to respond at first but seen you were still
on line. So here goes. All i can offer you right now is a little hope. Have had a numbers of cancers over the last
twenty years. Most of the time the percentages were against
me. But after all of this i'm still here. All i'm trying to say is don't give up hope. Percentages are just that, percentages. Get the best care you can get, and don't give up!
Wish there was more i could do.
wishing you the best.
Duke

13 years 7 months ago #33999 by rickysturrock
Metastatic Bladder Cancer was created by rickysturrock
I am a 55 year old male and was diagnosed with Stage IV/T3a metastatic bladder cancer on June 15 ,2010. I had a cystectomy to remove a 2 cm bladder mass on 7/1/10 and on 8/31/2010 a liver biopsy showed that the cancer had spread to the liver. I have two 7 cm lesions, two new 2 cm lesions and 2 lesions on the right adrenal gland of the liver. The cancer is spreading quickly through the liver and the 2 largest lesions have grown by 30% in the last 3 months.
I am being treated @ MD Anderson Cancer Center/Houston. The oncoligist has suggested either standard chemotherapy of Cisplatin and Gemcitabine or a clinical trial of Cisplatin/Gemcitabine/Cetuximab.
He said prognosis is as follows: 6 month life expectancy with no treatment. 50%-60% life expectancy of 12-16 months with chemotherapy.
I am overwhelmed, angry and confused and simply don't know what to do. Would like to connect with someone who has a similar diagnosis.
Thanks,
Rick Sturrock

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne