Update on Zackary

15 years 8 months ago #20784 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Update on Zackary
Thank you for this update. I have been keeping Zack in thoughts and prayers. He was such a positive influence for Harry last year. Good to hear he is feeling well enough to travel now, hope he has a wondeful time at the festival. Will continue to pray that his next chemo round will have no complications. Margot and Harry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20783 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Update on Zackary
Thank you for posting on Zachary Cynthia. I'm so happy his great attitude helped him overcome the first round complications and i know how much he and Heidi love this music festival every year and so happy they are going to make it.
Continued success Zach. You know we all miss you as you're not only one of the wisest contributors but you've made such an impact on many who were at cross-roads in their direction.
Have a wonderful Labor day............Pat

15 years 8 months ago #20782 by Cynthia
Update on Zackary was created by Cynthia
Zack asked me to post and let you know how he is doing. He has been in and out of doctor’s offices and the hospital so much lately he just doesn’t have it in him to talk cancer at the moment. But he did want you all to know how he is doing.

He went through a hard time with his first round of chemo. He was to be in the hospital three days and due to complications it turned into nine. He was put on at neutropenic diet when he left the hospital (see link below) but is on a regular diet now. Due to the type of chemo regime he is on he lost his hair in three days flat.

Now the good news he is now feeling in his words terrific. They will be leaving tomorrow morning for a music festival that will last until Labor Day. The day after they return he will go back into the hospital for another round of chemo. He promised to keep us updated when he can.

www.caring4cancer.com/go/cancer/nutrition/questions/neutropenic-diet-questions.htm

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne