Hello to all...

15 years 8 months ago #20665 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Hello to all...
Thank you Jess for posting. This site has been so helpful to so many- I don't know what I would do without it. I often come here during the night when the demons invade my sleep. When we have good news, we can almost hear the cheers, & when it's bad news, well we share the tears. It sounds like your father is doing well- enjoy the road trip & each other.
Regards, Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20663 by JessB
Hello to all... was created by JessB
Hello to all of you!
I must admit that i have been reading about you folks for quite some time now. My father was diagnosed with bc back in Feb. and i have been researching quite a bit through every stage of this situation ever since then. He was diagnosed (after RC) with T3aN2Mx. He had both the TCC and small cell carcinoma (which is a real bear, rather uncommon, and aggressive) in his bladder. After biopsying, they found the node involvement which has really terrified us all. His story otherwise is much like many of yours. He just had the neobladder operation last month, and he is going to be getting his suprapubic tube out next week.
It has been reassuring to him to hear your stories, as i often print them out or tell him about some of your experiences. As those of you that now have a neobladder know, it is quite a difficult transition trying to get used to a new bladder. George, I think you and him are about in the same boat (afraid to leave the house) although he still has the supra, so he can keep a bag on his leg for now if he has company or goes out. But he's about to go without, and no doubt, it is a tough issue to get used to.
He had four rounds of chemo before surgery and did well with it, and he is going in for two more pretty soon. We have just held off for a short bit for him to recover from the surgery. We are however looking forward to getting the chemo over with, so he can just feel normal again. We are hoping to hit the road and take a good old fashioned family road trip in mom and dad's RV, and as he says "burn the wheels off that baby."
I feel so much for all of you, because i have now seen what a rollercoaster this can be. I admire you all for your beautiful attitudes, strength, and courage. What a great oppurtunity for all of us to share our experiences, and in doing so we manage to help one another.
Thank you all, and it's nice to finally speak up...
Jess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne