started chemo again today

15 years 8 months ago #20648 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic started chemo again today
George,
Glad your feeling better. It is hard to believe you were clean then one month later not. It challenges the mind. I wish you the best during your chemo treatments, no side effects, stay away from the benydryl..Gene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20647 by GEO
started chemo again today was created by GEO
I went in and started chemo again. I did the Gemzar/cisplatin prior to surgury. After surgury and path reports it didn't do much. came back in my lymph nodes and prostate big time. One month prior to surgury I had the pet scan the CT scan and they all came back clean. I have a hard time believing this all occured in 30 days between the time of the scans and surgury.
Anyhow today they started me off with the anti-nausea meds first and then gave me benedryl. That benedryl really gave me the shakes. They gave me a shot of adaven which immediately took care of that. My wife said I was jumping around like a fire cracker. Now i'm on a 3 week cycle of taxol and carboplatin. After this round I was so tired I was barely able to drive home. I got home and slept for 1 1/2 hr. got up and ate a 1/2 of a sandwich and now I feel brand new. I actually feel GREAT. I sure hope it stays this way. I have to do this 5 more times. Now I'm hoping I don't lose my hair.
I'm going to get a bowl of ICE CREAM now that I feel so good!!!!
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne