Susan has passed

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #19322 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Susan has passed
I have been working on ideas for how to handle our memoriam section; Susan will be the first we honor there.

In my time working in blc survivor’s advocacy I have been much honored to have meant a few incredible souls like Susan. They are more worried about others than themselves; they do not ask for comfort they are too busy giving it. When I read the news about Susan’s passing tonight and I thought of what she has been to this forum these words from the Prayer of Saint Francis popped into my head I believe that they describe the way she shared herself with us.

Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved as to love

Our sincere condolences go out to her family, I hope they know what a source of support and caring Susan was to this community.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19321 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic Susan has passed
Hello Holly,

Please tell Susan's family that I am sorry for their loss. She was a neat lady with a great inner strength. \\

Peter Konomos

15 years 9 months ago #19320 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Susan has passed
www.legacy.com/sunherald/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=113550400

The above is the link to Susan's obituary. Her sister wanted me to encourage all theat would care to to sign the guest book at the bottom of the obit. Also see that she has listed donating to the Cafe as one of the in lieu of flowers.

The day before Susans last surgery she spoke a while with me on the phone. She felt her time was coming and she was saying her good byes. She said she was at peace with what was happening and that she was not afraid. She only was concerned with those she was leaving behind including us at the cafe. She was grateful for all the "well" time afforded her and trusted God for the rest. It was hard to hear her good byes, but I am so thankful we did it. She is free of pain now and singing with the angels in perfect peace I am sure.
God Bless, Holly

15 years 9 months ago #19314 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic Susan has passed
This is such sad news but also good to know that Susan is not suffering anymore.

I just read this on the editorial page of the WS Journal in an article about Tony Snow and I think it is so appropriate to share.

When you die, you graduate. I don't worry about death. Sickness teaches there is joy in everything. Take joy in your sickness because a lot of times God is telling you: 'You may not know it, but you're more blessed than you realized'."

Prayers and love go out to Susan's family and I know she is looking down on all of us.

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

15 years 9 months ago #19312 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Susan has passed
My sincere condolences to the family. Lorrie

15 years 9 months ago #19309 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Susan has passed
Hi Holly,
Please pass on my condolences to Susan·s family. I will miss her very much.
Flamenco

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne