"Got The Shot" (for Bone Mets)

15 years 10 months ago #17860 by newbie08
Replied by newbie08 on topic "Got The Shot" (for Bone Mets)
Fingers crossed it'll work!

Ye are always in my thoughts!

M x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17859 by momof4
We left the house at 11:30 for the short 10 min trip to Wake Forest Baptist Hosp.,we were met by a technician and a nurse who started an IV 500ml of fluid is needed before the Quadramet is injected. I gave Angelo a Gatorade before we left the house as well...Dr Ball www1.wfubmc.edu/oprd/physdetail.htm?PhysicianID=346 then arrived and told us again about what to expect...then he began to administer the Quadramet into the IV tube with a specially designed needle that has valves ( just the the one used for bone scan contrast) this procedure took less than 3 minutes...we then waited for more saline to drip...and then it was over...If there is a "Flare" in bone pain it will happen on day 2 or 3, and should stop by day 5. Results can be seen within a week with max results in 3-4 weeks...I will update with any news...Best case scenario: Drastic reduction in bone pain, hence less of the narcotic...less narcotics, less fatigue, better bowels,...more energy,...more food intake...Hopefully it will bring more quality Time...

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes...
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne