Results of Bob's PET scan......

16 years 1 month ago #14209 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Results of Bob's PET scan......
Hi Clara and Karen -- I am happy for Clara and Bob that the scans didn't show much change. I am hopeful Karen and her husband will receive help this week as a result of their appointments. Me? I go to M.D. Anderson next week but will not know what tests they'll do until my initial appointment. I am pretty frightened, actually, but I am still feeling well. It is a blessing that we can support and share with each other -- Be Blessed -- Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14206 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Results of Bob's PET scan......
Clara,

I am so glad that the PET Scan didn't show a drastic change. It is as good as news gets when we are in the situation that we are in.

My husband has a CT tomorrow and a Bone scan on Wed. We will get the results at his appointment with Dr. Torti on Thurs.

We are not quite sure what path to take right now, but he doesn't want anymore chemo. They were talking about some new drug, I will get all of the info. on Thurs. and will post after.

Clara, know that I think of you and Bob often, and I wish for you many more good days to come!

In my Thoughts,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 1 month ago #14205 by Clara
Results of Bob's PET scan...... was created by Clara
Bob has his PET scan on Wed., Feb 27th (also his 72nd birthday). We received the results today.
There is very little change from the last scan other than some activity within the right lateral pelvic area becoming more prominent. According to his scans, there are TWELVE areas of activity within his body (from the pelvic area up to the C1 vertebra;). He has done remarkably well and is certainly not a complainer. There is some pain going on in a R rib area too.
A reminder is on his phone for each time he needs meds and he stays on his schedule faithfully.
Bob's upper right arm has been giving him a fit with pain which they do not think is associated with the cancer at all. An MRI will be done on his shoulder and neck on Wednesday to see if he needs to be sent to an ortho. dr. for that.

The next PET scan will be in 3 months. He is not taking any treatments at this time and we do have some quality of life.

I am just so thankful and feel so blessed because when he was diagnosed in Jan., 2007, I never thought we would have this much time together.

Love and prayers to you all and this site has been a blessing to so many people.
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne