bone lesion treatment plan distress

16 years 3 months ago #12431 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic bone lesion treatment plan distress
Well, the dr has finally called and explained his clinical logic...

Until the lesion is symptomatic - they do not treat it. Even in Feb when the bone scan, MRI, labs etc are done; if they find other lesions - there is no treatment til there are symptoms. And at that time - one lesion can be radiated, but if there are more then we do chemo. But the likelyhood that chemo will cure it is not likely. He acknowledged it sucks and also that anxiety is no fun. I sit here aghast, scared and frustrated.
Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12426 by mznoregrets
bone lesion treatment plan distress was created by mznoregrets
Hi all :)

Well, here is what is going on...
At my 9 month check up they found a bone lesion on one of my hips. They scheduled a CT guided bone biopsy but the CT couldn't pick up the 1cm lesion. The oncologist told me "go home drink lots of alcohol and be very merry. We will bone scan in 8 weeks".
I have been home since then and have become highly distressed over this plan. I am not ok with giving a bone met an additional 8 weeks to grow. I called and had bone scan, labs and MRI moved up to next week. Then dr office called and said the dr is adamant we wait the full 8 weeks. He has yet to return my call to explain the logic.
My last bone scan was in early October. ( Dr said I could pass on it in Dec if there were no abnormalities found). My phospates and chlorides have been increasing on the October and even more so on the Dec labs. If I understand correctly - these signify bone activity.
Has anyone with bone mets been told to wait like this? If so - why? It is not like I was told "The bc is only stage 2 - lets wait til it is stage 3 to do something". I am really distressed here.
Currently this is what I am doing...
1. Ordered copies of labs, reports and films from the Dec check up to be sent to my local oncologist.
2. Scheduled appt with him on Monday to get his take on this and also to ask him to phone consult with atleast 2 other highly experience oncourolgists as to what their treatment plan would be at this time.
3. Trying to prepare a precise history and labs, films, etc to send out for another opinion asap.
I have great respect for the facility my drs are at and for them, but this illogical plan without explanation is not ok with me. I am hoping someone here can help me understand this.
God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne